Outdoor, the mans racing begins

Motocross

Enough of these 15 minute mains and same track designs now the racing will not be decided on starts and luck so much. Now you will find out who has been eating those twinkies and attending too many parties. I am looking forward to seeing hills, off cambers, green grass, and fans with butts in the dirt. Stadiums are nice for football and baseball but a bit undersized for motocross. This should be one of the best outdoor seasons ever.

I agree I love all of it but Motocross is where the real men are. I am predicting right now that Dungey will win the 450"s and Barcia the 250"s.. But it should be awesome no matter who win's. I wonder if Stewart the lawn dart will sack up and ride a full outdoor season??

I also love the summer nationals. Usually by 1/2 way through the SX season I am over it and wishing it were summer already, not this year though. This SX season was amazing.

I do get sick of Sheman's bullshit and everyone else's when they say that SX is the Championship of all Championships. I say &%$#@! that, I would much rather have a nationals championship over a sx championship any day. Don't get me wrong, I am a huge fan of all of the racing, but the only reason sx even exists is due to the success of the summer nationals.

MAX!!!

I am predicting right now that Dungey will win the 450"s

LOL!!!!!! :thumbsup::lol::confused::lol:!!!! There's not enough emoticons to express how hard I'm laughing at that statement!!! The lucky-hand-me-a-title train has left the station for Dungey. A person can only get so lucky a few times in a row (all last year).

I gotta say I love the speed of the outdoors.

I cant wait either. Its going to be epic.

dungey will have to work hard, pourcel might show something. poto we all know he's @ the top. The lites class with be good too. I'm worried about short on the 350.

I don't believe that stewart can't find a sponsor for the outdoors. come on. that a load of B.S.

If stewart does not race he will be at a big disadvantage when super-cross rolls around.

Agreed, supercross is great to watch and all, but motocross is the real test. Barcia's fast but don't forget about our world champ (Musquin) that will be running over here this year. The 450's are wide open - and while Dungey will do well, I think the depth of the competition will prove exciting all year. Interesting to see how Pourcel will fare on the 450's. This should be great!! Early predictions - Musquin (250), Villopoto (450).

I think Tocam will give some of the top picks a headache!

LOL!!!!!! :thumbsup::lol::confused::lol:!!!! There's not enough emoticons to express how hard I'm laughing at that statement!!! The lucky-hand-me-a-title train has left the station for Dungey. A person can only get so lucky a few times in a row (all last year).

Dungey's better than most people give him credit for. I admit, last year's field was was a little watered down, but at the MXoN, he put in the usual consistently fast ride that it takes to contend for a championship. How many thought he would end up only 10 pts. from the championship in SX this Year?? Not many I'll tell ya. And IMO, he's not nearly the SX rider that he is outdoors. Time will tell, but he just might surprise ya, AGAIN.

450 im going to have to go with Villopoto. He is fast outdoors, Pourcel might have the most advantage though training and testing outdoors while everyone else was racing supercross. 250 i have no idea, Barcia hasnt looked very good and tomac last year wasnt ready for the long moto's.

If Stewart races, he will win. Otherwise, RV will be tough.

Man's racing? Try a SX course. Turn a corner, have a 30 foot run, hit a seemingly verticle face wide open, and launch into space for a 70 foot triple. That will require a pair of stones.

I am a huge fan of Dungey biased being from Minnesota. Do I have this wrong but Dungey's major mishap in the sx season was weird mechanical failure. Everyone else's was due to bad or over aggressive riding. RV was amazing this year and so was Reed. Dungey barely got mentioned this year. I believe he did much better than anyone predicted. The difference in the outdoors will be fitness (which Ryan is known for). I think RV has stepped up his game here. Pourel has always had issues with this. Should be a great 2011 outdoor season.

Stewart is already preparing for the outdoor season. No one will beat him outdoors, except himself.

Stewart is the Fastest Man in the World! He will certainly win every race if he chooses. He is going to be especially Fast if he wears his new black outdoor glasses from Oakley. You just Wait and see !!

Seriously? I am not at all a fan of Dungey, but the guy came one broken chain short of repeating his SX title against an incredibly deep field. Last year was a cakewalk, but this year he proved he belongs at the front.

If Stewart races, he will win. Otherwise, RV will be tough.

Man's racing? Try a SX course. Turn a corner, have a 30 foot run, hit a seemingly verticle face wide open, and launch into space for a 70 foot triple. That will require a pair of stones.

Yeah, just like JS won in SX, right? I like RV straight up against JS in outdoors. 'Poto is a much stronger MX rider than SX.

Yes, MX is man's racing. Longer laps, much tougher tracks, hot temps, 2 x 30min+2 motos compared to an 8 minute heat race and a 20 minute main in cool temps (or climate controlled indoors) on smooth tracks. SX is a rhythm/timing jumpfest and MX is hard, gritty racing. You certainly never hear the riders saying that SX is harder than MX and they should know.

Mark

LETS GOOOOO!!! :worthy::ride::busted::ride:

This means we get another season of Inside the moto: The Outdoors :confused:

Amazing show, cinematography captures what the outdoors is all about.

Also, is Barcia moving up to the 450's for the outdoors?

Or is he still going to be on the 250.:thumbsup:

Kid needs more throttle to get wild with, I mean he is one of the only riders I can think of in the top tier who hasn't had a hard, hard crash. He has the confidence!

LOL!!!!!! :confused::lol::worthy::lol:!!!! There's not enough emoticons to express how hard I'm laughing at that statement!!! The lucky-hand-me-a-title train has left the station for Dungey. A person can only get so lucky a few times in a row (all last year).

:thumbsup:

Dungey is definitely up there in the Outdoors racing more than SX. It shows and you can "mark my words".

I am so surprised that canard was the only injured rider in the top 5. i doubt stewart can compose himself without a major injury any longer, much less a season. bubba is an emotional wreck! i bet he thought he would never have this level of competition and all of the sudden his world around him is crumbling. if he can do something mentally to change he will be right where he wants to be winning races. i dont know if he can reel that in.

i wonder physically how everyone will shape up towards the end. RV can win this if he can complete a full season on the 450. dungey will be right there to clean up. pourcel,canard, reed and others will have flashes of brilliance that make it interesting.

who will be the most fit?

Would be happy if anyone won it so long as that anyone isn't Stewart or RV. Would really like to see KW ride for the whole series instead of just a fill-in for injured riders.

Dungey is definitely up there in the Outdoors racing more than SX. It shows and you can "mark my words".
I tend to agree. Seeing (on TV) RD on his Zook last weekend in Vegas with softer suspension setup, just reminded me of him in so many 2010 MX races. Very planted. Unlimited line choice. Relatively low physical fatigue after 30 minutes. If Reed races MX I'll be surprised if he can consistently keep up with RV and RD.