Sign in to follow this  

A question for Eddie Sisneros

Does the Honda ECU allow for timing adjustments through out the RPM range?

Seems like guys are running out of the top end of the injected bikes and I was wondering if you can back the timing off a degree at above say 8000 rpm? I wouldn't think you'd need to as 8k isn't really that high, but I was just curios.

Ive got the programer instructions and stuff and Ive read through. But it doesn't say whether or not you can adjust specific timing points. Like at 8000 rpm you could reduce the timing and pick up some more top end power when it really begins to sing at WFO. In MX it probably wouldnt do you any good at all, but in Supermoto or Flat track it could make a difference. The CRF450 engine is finding its way into road racing chassis's too. Those guys will really figure out how to squeeze every last drop of HP out of the top end.

i have the hrc controller and have uploaded maps and the timing is changed at every throttle opening and every 1000 rpm.

0,5,10,15 % throttle opening up to 100%

and 1500,2000 then 4000,then a thousand for each after up to 13500 rpm

They have the 09+ going to 13,500 now? I thought the 10.5K limiter on my '02 was crazy enough!

Pretty sure its 11200 on the 02. Its currently 13800 on the 250F's I heard.

yes,you can change the timing thru out with the hrc programmer.

the lack of top end however is from the fueling being way off.

pulling timing would only help if it were already too much. its not however.

Just want to chime in and let everyone know that so far so good with the remap I got back from Eddie on my stock ECM 2011 CRF450R. Starts better and is much smoother. Will let you know after this weekend the true test! Had a bad experience with the PIM-2 from Yosh and Eddies remap was much cheaper and delivered what he said it would!:thumbsup::cheers:

I've only ever managed to get my trail tech up to ~10,500. Who knows though.

By the way, It'll spin a shit load more in a panic rev. I almost got bucked over the bars during a race clearing about a 60 footer and my tattle tale showed 13,680 :thumbsup:

60+ feet a long way to fly with it WFO with the rear wheel off the ground :confused:

Just want to chime in and let everyone know that so far so good with the remap I got back from Eddie on my stock ECM 2011 CRF450R. Starts better and is much smoother. Will let you know after this weekend the true test! Had a bad experience with the PIM-2 from Yosh and Eddies remap was much cheaper and delivered what he said it would!:thumbsup::cheers:

What was your bad experience with the PIM-2? I got one coming in the mail!

do you have a 09 now shawn or just curious about the tuning?

Just curious really. I'll be hookin up a new scooter here in the next 6-8 mos and I know me...It'll be injected and I wont be able to keep my hands off it :thumbsup:

That and I just think about stuff....a lot...

Bought the Yosh full Alum/ Stain system and the Yosh PIM-2 as well. Exhaust fit well but the PIM-2 adds an extra harness in the bike as it "piggy-backs" off the stock ECM. More connections may lead to more chance of a failure. It is also somewhat bulky when the stock harness is so clean. I installed the PIM-2 - triple checked all connections and then when I started bike after adjusting idle (as stated in instructions) - bike ran very lean as headpipe started glowing and bike was very hard to start. Would also stall if I pulled down on the throttle quickly. Called and spoke with Yosh for almost an hour on the phone and it was determined that something was wrong with it and was asked to send it back. I realize Yosh is a very good company and their customer service was very good but I decided to take unit off bike and just get stock ECM remapped by Eddie. I am by no means bashing or promoting anyone and only giving you my experience that I had.