97 yz250 bad stator?

hi, ive got a 97 yz250. ever since this winter its has had problems with not having a lot of power. the reeds are fine, the carb is clean, and its jetted correctly. it was fine before i put it away for the winter but when i went to take it out, it will run fine for five minutes and then it will seem like it has no power and it wont idle as well. then i'll let it sit for a day or two. it will run fine with lots of power for about five minutes and then all of the sudden it has absolutely no power. its not like it slowly loses power, its all of the sudden. so i went and rebuilt the top end and i soaked and cleaned the powervalve. i put it all back together and it seemed to be fixed. i broke in the motor properly and i was doing some riding at a buddies track and after 5 hours of ride time it happened again.:thumbsup: it seems like the longer i let the bike sit, the longer it will run fine before taking a crap. even when it runs crappy it starts fine if i give it a little throttle. oh and by the way, its not the spark plug wire or ignition coil because i repaced that. any ideas??

Hi there

I think electric has little to do if it has no power. A weak spark which ignites the fuel will still give you power. Maybe the tank valve is closed. When it stopps openthe tank if you hear a sucking noise the tanks lacks ventilation.

Hi there

I think electric has little to do if it has no power. A weak spark which ignites the fuel will still give you power. Maybe the tank valve is closed. When it stopps openthe tank if you hear a sucking noise the tanks lacks ventilation.

no, i can drain the whole tank with the fuel cap still on and it will flow out the hose just fine. theres no sucking. its not a fuel issue. i can be hauling down a gravel road and all of the sudden theres just no power and the motor sounds like it's sufficating...it has NO power at all. a cant even do a wheelie.

A bad plug comes to mind. On a 4 stroke chinese bike I had something like that and it was the coil.

A bad plug comes to mind. On a 4 stroke chinese bike I had something like that and it was the coil.

ive replaced the plug a ton of times. its not the problem

Have you cleaned the carb to rule that out also?

Have you cleaned the carb to rule that out also?

yes, many times. the only thing i didnt chech is the cdi or stator. im just wondering if these are symptems of a bad cdi or stator.

So far I know the CDI is working or not working meaning if Ok it works if not nothink comes, no spark.