Sign in to follow this  

Supercross I'm giving Stewart his new nickname

No longer should be Bubba, but "Bubba Magoo"

I think he should grow a sack and put this on his riding pants. Danny Chandler did it. A big Magoo was plaster on the butt of his riding pants.

No longer should be Bubba, but "Bubba Magoo"

I think he should grow a sack and put this on his riding pants. Danny Chandler did it. A big Magoo was plaster on the butt of his riding pants.

Why would you want to disgrace Danny Chandler's nickname like that?? I'm not a JS hater, but a HUGE fan of Magoo. Lived near Sac in the 70-80s and although nowwhere near his level, raced at a lot of the same venues that he frequented and chatted with him on more than one occasion. Bubba is fine for JS, but there will never be another Magoo. RIP brother!

Face it, they came out the same mold. Ride on the edge and crash hard trying to win. I liked Magoo and I like Stewart. Very exciting to watch and you just never knew what might happen.

Face it, they came out the same mold. Ride on the edge and crash hard trying to win. I liked Magoo and I like Stewart. Very exciting to watch and you just never knew what might happen.

:thumbsup:

Agreed...just hope things don't turn out the same way twice. I'm gona piss off a lot of old timers here...but I also remember a brash out spoken border line a-hole who was ragged edge all the time and was another man who changed the game...with a few National titles. Bob Hannah.

Edited by weimedog

True, but that's where the similarities stop, Magoo was nothing like Stewart. RIP brother!

Agreed...just hope things don't turn out the same way twice. I'm gona piss off a lot of old timers here...but I also remember a brash out spoken border line a-hole who was ragged edge all the time and was another man who changed the game...with a few National titles. Bob Hannah.

So what's your point? Are you saying that Stewie's nickname should have something to do with a hurricane? I can see how it may relate but again, there will only be ONE Hurricane. Bubba is just fine for Mr. Stewart.

Agreed... you obviously don't know just what kind of legend Magoo was. Stewart is nothing of the sort.

Dude for a guy who never even saw magoo race live, to even say that stewart isnt a living legend of the sport your absolutely HIGH - What is he 4th all time winningest SX riders - Him And RC only ones to have a perfect MX season. Im a huge Magoo fan but to say Bubba isnt or will never be a legend is just plain ignorant !:thumbsup:

how about the black plague? he infects everyone near him with physical pain and misfortune.

Edited by Superjet 333

There has always been and will always only be, one MAGOO.... RIP.

^^ What he said ^^ :thumbsup:

Had the nickname Hurricane not already been used by one of the greats of the sport I think it would be fitting for JS7 this year, since most Hurricanes destroy everything in their path. Just ask Reed, Poto, and Windham etc.etc.etc.

• Like 1

I think "granade" or "landmine" cause he blows up and takes someone with him every time!

• Like 1