Complete Coolant Drain

Is there a drain plug i'm missing to drain all the coolant out of my 2005 te450? I'm switching to engine ice and I need all the old coolant out.

The lowest point to drain it, There is a plug/screw on the right hand side of the cylinder towards the front.

fill it with pure water and run it tell the thermostat opens, drain, redo it

I thought there was mp thermostat on these?

I thought there was mp thermostat on these?

I don't know anything about your bike haha, just posting up what I do to any vehicle I flush the coolant in.

I just keep running them tell the thermostat opens, or if no tstat, I just run it for like a minute, then drain and refill with fresh water.

Then the last flush or two, use distilled water, then fill with your choice of coolant :thumbsup:

Had to flush my friends car like 8 times to get all that crap dex cool out and get fresh water to drain out!

I usually only flush a bike 2-3 times (sport bikes that is), then fill with good coolant. If the coolant is changed often (I change mine yearly) then I don't even worry about flushing it.

"I thought there was mp thermostat on these?"

You're right, they don't have a thermostat.:thumbsup:

I also can't speel! :thumbsup:

Okay, one last question. Is there a good spot to "burp" the system, or is that not needed on a motorbike?

I also can't speel! :thumbsup:

Okay, one last question. Is there a good spot to "burp" the system, or is that not needed on a motorbike?

As you fill it up, sqeeze the hoses and you will see any air come to the top of the rad. Then run it with the cap of for a couple of minutes turn off and then top the level up, these bikes don't trap air. the link hose accross the top ensures the left Rad is at the same level as the right:thumbsup:

Thanks Rick! Flushed the system and filled with engine ice. Also installed the uptite-y that I bought last summer! Getting ready to ride the bike in the summer heat.