Sign in to follow this  

Whoops

Ok so yesterday since I got rained out I was going to race but instead I went to practice at earlywine:banana: So I have a couple questions, the first one is that on the whoops I done really good on them but I can not find out which way is faster? I either hit the whoop's in second gear pinned or I just left it in third but I carried more momentum and then just let it roll over them without the gas, idk which way is faster? I would say second gear pinned but I figured I would ask you all. Also yesterday I hit every jump besides a couple, it seems like I think I can do it but I get nervous and then loose my nerves idk if thier is any tips on how to fix this problem? My last question and I will shut-up:banana: Ok so after the whoops thier is a huge berm, and it goes into a double I could never get enough speed up to he face of the jump, when I hit it I keep coming up 2ft short and banging my nuts of the gas tank it hurts so bad:banghead: Sorry for the long type just wanting to get better, I guess I am going to race next weekend at earlywine, no way I can get rained out now:p

Thanks for all replies:thumbsup:

I done really good on them but I can not find out which way is faster?

3rd gear for sure, its much easier to deal with controlling the machine, no questions asked.

I hit every jump besides a couple, it seems like I think I can do it but I get nervous and then loose my nerves idk if thier is any tips on how to fix this problem?

Your not the only one... Sounds like your loosing a bit of confidence from something. Its hard to give you a "general" answer because it could be anything from body position to messed up suspension on that old bike. Sometimes things just take time, I know because I back off some jumps as well for no reason at all. So even people who know how to ride, still get freaked out with some jumps.

After the whoops thier is a huge berm, and it goes into a double I could never get enough speed up to he face of the jump, when I hit it I keep coming up 2ft short and banging my nuts of the gas tank it hurts so bad:

Thats what the clutch is for; generating a bit more speed, which is all you need. Thats how you ride 2 strokes, throttle open and clutch slipping! If you're having hard landings, you just need a bit more speed and you'll be fine.

Ok everyone is telling me to slip the clutch, I kinda know what you mean but do I like have the clutch barely engaged or what? Thanks for the tips!

Ok everyone is telling me to slip the clutch, I kinda know what you mean but do I like have the clutch barely engaged or what? Thanks for the tips!

When the bike is not giving you all its power, just pull in the clutch slightly and it will start to slip. Eventually you'll learn how to modulate the clutch to give you just the right amount of power to keep the rear wheel in check.

250's don't need to do this as much as 125's, as they have more bottom end.

i do whoops in 4th.. makes all the torque and keeps your front wheel from dropping deep into the whoops. MTF taught me this and helped out a lot, try 3rd and 4th to see what you like better.

as for the jumps go in the corner with high RPMs, feather the clutch to keep the RPMs high