vlave job for the 450 - xceldyne

yes, this has came,

apparently the intake valves are sinking,

i've talked with dave hopkins shortly about it but sending the head to the states would cost a fortune,

i'd like to replace the current valves with 2 kibblewhites, normal length, and replace the valves seats with xceldyne bronze ones,

i'm not sure if that should be enough yet from what i understand, if the seats and valves are replaced than it's all there is to it,

have anyone had used these valve seats or heard about them? or did this kind of a job?

thanks.

If you are interested in spending some money for some good stuff, then I'd use beryllium-copper valve seats with stainless valves. If you want to go full on use Titanium valves too. Just remember to change springs, keepers & retainers and always check your guides. Plus while you have the head apart, might as well clean up the ports as well.

people say the seats are a waste of money, 99% of RFS seats are fine, on the other hand if they sell 2 for 100$ or so it might be worth it because the guy who does the machining of the old ones would take more or less the same amount..

E:

do you have a link to that company who manufactures this beryllium-copper one's and what advantage do they hold?

xceldyne needs the measurement, they do not manufacture parts for the EXC, they can do it by order though for ~20 euro a piece (which isn't bad at all!).

p.s -

i've been told to replace the adjusters, are you sure it is necessary to replace the springs and the rest of the bundle there?

Edited by mazungo
people say the seats are a waste of money, 99% of RFS seats are fine, on the other hand if they sell 2 for 100$ or so it might be worth it because the guy who does the machining of the old ones would take more or less the same amount..

E:

do you have a link to that company who manufactures this beryllium-copper one's and what advantage do they hold?

xceldyne needs the measurement, they do not manufacture parts for the EXC, they can do it by order though for ~20 euro a piece (which isn't bad at all!).

p.s -

i've been told to replace the adjusters, are you sure it is necessary to replace the springs and the rest of the bundle there?

Yes, you can special order them from Xceldyne, or C&R http://www.crracing.com/

They can make valves to fit your application too.

The advantages of beryllium seats are that they don't hold the heat and are easier on the valves. Might cost a little more, but for a bike that rev's to the moon, I feel that it would be a great idea to go that route.

The reason I know about this stuff is from my drag racing days. Anytime you can lighten up your valve train and run a little stronger valve spring to keep from floating the valves is a good thing.

As for your adjusters, I don't know much about them. I'd inspect them looking for unusual wear and cracking. But if you are going to do any type of valve work on the head, definately check and replace. A little money spent up front will save you time and money down the road.