YZ 250 Issues Video Included!

I bout this bike from a guy that thought the clutch cable was bad. I changed that and still not hitting right it feels like clutches are slipping in does it worse in 1-3 but does it a little in 4-5!

Edited by redneck47441

this is the video he was trying to link you to.... don't know how he got that link....

Thank you Sean I was doing it from my phone and the mobile youtube.

most likely plates and friction disc's, pull the cover and the pressure plate and have a look.

I did look at them can they be bad and look fine

109020da.jpg

ca5dc9c6.jpg

02e9a9fa.jpg

If you find 2 grooves in one or 2 plates they make the clutch drag. At least that was my YZ450 clutch did.

Does that video sound like clutch drag? It's fine at the bottom of the gear but feels like it slips in the middle just before the powerband. It revs but doesn't move then it takes off again hard!

What kind of groves are you talking about? Do you have any pics?

not any more sorry. Grooves which go around the plate.

to me, it sounds like your gears are fried.

to me, it sounds like your gears are fried.

Thats not what I was wanting to hear lol. I too thought this but it did get better when I thighten the clutch cable but made it stiff to pull. When I let off the clutch theres zero stall it just goes. I'm hoping it's clutches. I thought if it were the gears wouldnt I have some pieces when come out when I drain the fluid? Also it does this in all gears just worse 1-3. Also I it were the gears wouldn't it make some wierd noises coming from the trans it shifts smooth and is quiet.

clutch springs might be too weak, how is the oil?

what does you pressure plate, basket, and inner hub look like. Also check to see if you have all of the part assmeble correctly.

I just ordered the hinson clutch kit fingers crossed I dont wanna crack the case till winter.

i know this will sound stupid, but when you replaced the clutch cable, did you properly adjust it? if the cable is adjusted wrong, it wont matter how new the clutch itself is

what does you pressure plate, basket, and inner hub look like. Also check to see if you have all of the part assmeble correctly.

All parts are oem as I dont think the bike has seen much use. The look fantastic theres very slight groves on basket I'll file down you can barely feel them with your finger. I picked the bike up for $1400 hopefully I didnt do bad its a 2000 and looks like new.

I just ordered the hinson clutch kit fingers crossed I dont wanna crack the case till winter.

why would you have to split the case you can change all clutch side parts with just removing the crank case cover.

What type of oil did you refill the trans with when you changed the oil ??....

why would you have to split the case you can change all clutch side parts with just removing the crank case cover.

He is hoping the clutch kit fixes the issue, and not the bad gears as someone mentioned before.

Honestly, when viewing the video, I don't see anything that says the clutch is bad.

You say the PO thought it was the clutch? Are you just running on his suspicion.

So the bike starts cutting out and running like crap when you get higher in the throttle zone? A slipping clutch will seem like the bike is going nowhere but the engine in running away.