Needle bearings on drain plug magnet

Somehow, I dont think this is a good thing,, I went to change the oil and found five 12mm by 2mm needle bearings on the plug magnet. Bike was running great with no wierd noises. Any thoughts? Thanks, Frank. 02 520 EXC

Edited by xrcrasher

contact Thumper racing or Dave Hopkins

If you are looking for some positives, then it is a really good thing that you found that while bike was still running well.

You got lucky - fixing it now is likely much easier and cheaper than if you ran it again.

i think i would have fainted seeing something like that,

good luck.

I wasnt a happy camper!! My 16 year old nieghbor motorhead kid was there when I pulled the plug and said Holy S&*t!! see ya later! Im working with a local guy that knows these motors. Yeah, a Thumper 570 kit would be nice, but at 55, that sucker would flat kill me. I aint what I used to be, and that sucks. But thats another whiney story,,,

If it was mine, that bike would be on Craigs list so fast it would be on before I had the chance to wash the oil off my hands. Time to upgrade, asap.

go over to ktmtalk and do a search. this problem has been discussed a number of times. i think that you will find that it's not too serious or expensive, just a pain in the ass.

If it was mine, that bike would be on Craigs list so fast it would be on before I had the chance to wash the oil off my hands. Time to upgrade, asap.

Please excuse my language but its ******** like you that make it a pain in the d!ck to buy a used bike. Be honest to the buyer if you decide to go that route.