Sign in to follow this  

anyone got a motocross training program?

borðaðu bara mikið af hrútspungum og hval, farðu svo uppá braut með skóflu og mokaðu marga palla, því næst náðu þér í gervigrass upp á haugum og hluptu með það yfir. Síðan er alltaf gott af borða hestaskítinn hliðiná brautini... hann er mjög proteinríkur =)

Neeii á ég að trúa þessu ? Slebbi birgir bara mætur á thumper.. velkomin

I bought a Motocross training program DVD from Steve Hatch which is informative. I would have rather paid a few bux and got the information typed, watching people exercise is kinda annoying.

What I do is a lot of bicycling and rowing mixed with a few exercises based around a workout ball. I also have a bowflex, which works fantastic for resistance training and building muscle.

The #1 thing about MX is your core, getting your legs strong, getting your mid body strong and of course having the stamina to last the race, which means you have to train at a similar BPM as you ride at.

The food aspect is actually not as important as the training aspect. Yes, its important to eat good, but that has nothing to do with training, you should eating good outside of training. In all honesty, if your young, you can eat crap and burn it off easily through your training and riding.

Finally, one thing everyone forgets is; training for motocross starts with riding motocross. You can't expect your gym or basic exercises to give you the same workout as riding a bike. You should be riding 2 - 3 times a week, multiple hours on end, to get the proper training, even if its just trails...

Yes im 15 years old so i gues food isnt realy important..still im gonna stop eating junk food and stuff ...Also i ride 6 times a week so i realy ride alot

Look into Crossfit, I have been using that, and we have a few experts and Ams at our gym that are doing it too. One of them won all four of his motos this past weekend so it works. :thumbsup:

exercise bikes suck ...

just get a a real one and hit the road or woods.

its a lot more interesting than sitting inside peddling to nowhere!!!

get a heart rate monitor if you want to get scientific about it!!

In the day time I ride my dirtbike through the woods nighttime = exercise bike

But yeah it does suck lol

Here is how I go about things, and the results seems to be directly tied to how my routien goes that week. Step 1, get married, and a mortgage. Step 2, get great executive job, and sit in meetings of behind desk 40-50 hours per week. Then, have couple kids, coach their baseball team, and then reduce the road cycling from 100 miles per week down to roughly 0 miles per week. Then show up to race, only ride couple laps of practice (save up energy for motos). Arm pump? I start that just unloading the truck...just get that out of the way. Then, when it's finally time to moto, I hold my breath from the moment the gate drops, all the way through the first turn, and that's when I resume breathing. At this point, it takes me the rest of the moto to get the stars to go away from the lack of oxygen to the brain. After 1 -1.5 laps, I begin to sit down over every jump and all other sections of the track. (When asked why I am sitting down so much, I tell them I am seat bouncing.) Oh ya, last but not least, grow a bunch of grey hair, so nobody questions you when you jump up a couple of age groups in the vet class. And then voila....you've just become a highly competetive mxr and consistently score top 7 finishes!

Good luck!

Just don't ever be that guy who gets a 4 wheeler and tries to argue that its cooler than a dirt bike

Here is how I go about things, and the results seems to be directly tied to how my routien goes that week. Step 1, get married, and a mortgage. Step 2, get great executive job, and sit in meetings of behind desk 40-50 hours per week. Then, have couple kids, coach their baseball team, and then reduce the road cycling from 100 miles per week down to roughly 0 miles per week. Then show up to race, only ride couple laps of practice (save up energy for motos). Arm pump? I start that just unloading the truck...just get that out of the way. Then, when it's finally time to moto, I hold my breath from the moment the gate drops, all the way through the first turn, and that's when I resume breathing. At this point, it takes me the rest of the moto to get the stars to go away from the lack of oxygen to the brain. After 1 -1.5 laps, I begin to sit down over every jump and all other sections of the track. (When asked why I am sitting down so much, I tell them I am seat bouncing.) Oh ya, last but not least, grow a bunch of grey hair, so nobody questions you when you jump up a couple of age groups in the vet class. And then voila....you've just become a highly competetive mxr and consistently score top 7 finishes!

Good luck!

Ha, sounds like reality to me! Getting old has it's drawbacks but at least we are still on the bike:) Practice day gives me enough arm pump so I don't even consider race day...However, I'm always craving that next day on the track.