Antigravity Batteries Product Giveaways - ENTER NOW! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

gas pourring out of breather tubes on carb

i came back from my week-end and wanted some time on my bike , fill it up , open the gas valve . . . surprise gas is pourring from all the breather tubes , and it won't stop , it only stop if i put the peacock on "off"

i have no idea whats going on, bike started on second kick but died 2 sec after, bike won't restart , might be flooded or else .

any input uis very appreciated

2011 300 xc-w

Yep, your floats are the problem. They may have just stuck for a second and loosened itself. My bike has the same problem right now, I need to set the floats to the right level.

...my 08 does it now-and-again. i think sometimes if the bowl has stood empty for a while, then the float gets stuck hanging all the way down - not pushing the seat up as the level fills. i give the bowl a good tap with the back of a screwdriver, usually goes away after a few seconds

right, hit the bowl with a wood hammer handle, plastic end of zscrew driver, etc to knock it loose. If that doesnt work sometimes riding it does. If not take it apart.

right, hit the bowl with a wood hammer handle, plastic end of zscrew driver, etc to knock it loose. If that doesnt work sometimes riding it does. If not take it apart.

i was able to fix mine by doing that. but...you had to do it everytime, and it didnt always work.

i ended up just rebuilding the carb, which included a new needle. fixed it up. NOT on the op's machine, just a leaky carb in general.