Where is Eric Gorr???

We have been waiting over a month for Eric to deliver a new top end kit for our RM 125 BUT Eric is AWOL.

Two questions:

1. Does anyone know is he's still in business

2. Does anyone know where to get a 144 piston kit for our RM 125 EXCEPT for Eric Gorr.

I stopped by his shop on Tuesday to drop off my buddy’s rmz head to be worked on. He was pretty busy working on bike parts and very short on conversation. I think it is just him and one other guy doing most the work and there was a bunch of cylinders and heads sitting on the bench to be worked on. He is most likely bombarded with work being that it is that time of year.

Most the shops are way busy this time of year. It was a 10 day turn around time to get my cylinder replated at powerseal usa and i can only imagine EG is just as swamped with work from the locals. Why don't you just give him a call and ask?

Thanks for the info guys. I try to call him every day but his mailbox is full and it takes no more messages. I'm glad to know he's ok, I was beginning to worry that something had happened to him. Still no piston. :/

That being said, he found the time to snatch the $$$ from my credit card, but didn't find the time to put the piston in fedex.

It's not like I've asked him to rebuild a motor or anything like that, I just ordered a replacement piston for a motor he built in the past.

Since you can only get the piston from him (Wiseco only sells special pistons to builders) he's pretty much screwed me, and the race is next week.

Epic fail

That's a bummer about the piston. Are you sure you can't get the number off of it and try to contact Wiseco yourself and explain your dilemma?

I think a few members on here actually live close to Eric's shop and maybe one could run by to remind him about your piston. I don't care how good you do something as a skill or business. If you do not have a good customer service outlook about it, your business can suffer from ignoring paying customers.

I have called him maybe 5 times since Feb. (just talked 2 him a few weeks ago) and he has always answered the phone. I think I got the voice mail twice, but just waited a couple hrs and shazam..

I ordered a jug & piston from his garage sale items and got it in 4 days.

Thanks for the info guys. I try to call him every day but his mailbox is full and it takes no more messages. I'm glad to know he's ok, I was beginning to worry that something had happened to him. Still no piston. :/

According to his website, he doesn't have voicemail, if you get that message, that means he's on the phone. http://www.eric-gorr.com/askeric.html

I'd try sending an email, subject line something like "existing customer needs an RM 144 piston" and describe the situation in the body of the email. Maybe the piston is on back order?

I do agree that customer service is lacking in this situation and you should be made aware of why the money was taken, but the part hasn't shipped, but I also realize that these guys are not making the kind of money to fully support a couple people in the front office to handle just that.

That being said, he found the time to snatch the $$$ from my credit card, but didn't find the time to put the piston in fedex.

It's not like I've asked him to rebuild a motor or anything like that, I just ordered a replacement piston for a motor he built in the past.

Since you can only get the piston from him (Wiseco only sells special pistons to builders) he's pretty much screwed me, and the race is next week.

Epic fail

Eric has always taken his time to talk to me when I called with questions about my 144, but that was a year ago...

on another note, I think motosport has oversize wiseco pistons for sale on their website :thumbsup:

Keep us posted, I was planning on sending him a top end.

Ok, thanks guys. I'll keep trying. :-)

Good news guys, I just reached Eric. Everything is sorted out. Great guy.

Hey guys. I'm not trying to steal this thread but I had a question to ask. When is Eric busy. I wanted to send my kx250 cylinder to get it bored to a 295. Want to do it during he winter so I didn't lose any riding time.

Thanks.

Parts arrived today. Thank you Eric!