Sign in to follow this  

NewYork MX tracks on Long Island

Hey folks. First post here. So I did my first ever motocross track day yesterday at Island Motorsport. Needless to say, my knees are bruised and swollen, and I'm currently looking for a left radiator for a 2000 YZ125 if anybody has one for cheap. I wish I'd noticed how cheap knee/shin guards were online when I ordered my helmet and all that. Should have a pair by next weekend...

So anyway, I'm just wondering how the tracks work around here. At LIMX, the website mansions a membership fee and a practice fee, but when I rolled up yesterday, they just said it was a practice day and it was free... which sounded awesome to me. Is it always like this, or was that just a special thing because it was the day before a race?

The other track, ClubMX in Ronkonkima, has a website that's been under construction for as long as I can remember, so I was wondering if somebody could enlighten me as to the whole membership/payment goes over there. I'm not looking to race for a while. My plan is just to show up at the track every Saturday and practice.

I've only ever done go kart racing or sport bike track days, and It's just such a damn joy to not have to wake up at 4:45am, drive for 2 hours and pay for two bridges to just have a fun day at the track. I'm from Farmingdale, and I didn't even leave on Saturday until 12:45 or 1pm... most relaxing track day ever... despite the bruised knees and broken radiator... oh yeah, and a flat front tire too. I don't even know how that happened.

By the way, does anybody know of any other cheap riding opportunities on LI, or are those two MX tracks it?

LIMX charges are all on the website, $150.00 annual membership and $35.00/day or $1200.00 annual membership and unlimited practice(also opens up more weekdays). It was probably free because of the XTreme series race Sunday.

There is also a facility trying to open in Calverton, but I don't know what the status is.

Yep I saw the info on the LIMX, was just wondering if that changed. Still a good deal though. ClubMX sounds like a good deal too, though I don't think I'll have that cash liquidity for a little while. Ohwell. Thanks for the info!

both tracks will ecepet payments, but i just do limx i pay early and they charge $120 membership then $35. i never go to li enough for it to pay.