Sign in to follow this  

HONDA CRF 250R 2011 opinions

Hi, I'm interested in buying a new 2011 Honda CRF 250R.

What do you think about this bike? Is realiable?

I heard that the 250 2010, have several problems.

In 2011 exist this problem?

Please help to see if the buy or not.

Hear their views

Greetings from Chile.

pd: Sorry for my English

:thumbsup:

From my experience, the new Hondas don't last as long as they used to. But, my friend has 60 hrs on his 10 with zero problems. So I'm not sure if you can justify that or not.

When you ride the bike, it has a super flat low to mid with a screamin top.

I can't get the bike to turn in, it's not that good at handling.

I really like the plush suspension. It soaks up braking bumps so well because it's so plush that you would think that it would bottom out when flat landing and such, but that's not the case.

Then the looks of the Honda looks bitchin'! Sick looking bike.

Edited by rmzrider151

I recently bought a 2011, and the bottom end is lagging, but it pulls through the mid and screams at the top. You just have to learn how to adjust for the power. I dropped the forks down 3 millimeters or so and it turns just fine for me. All in all I love this bike, it was a wonderful step up from my 2007 crf250r and I would do it again if I had to. I would undoubtedly recommend it.

I can not speak for the future problems I will encounter, but I believe that the problems vary greatly from owner to owner. All problems are 100% preventable to a certain extent (if properly taken care of).

The 2011 does not have screaming top whatsoever. It has good bottom and great mid, it runs flat on top. Its poorly mapped but thats an easy fix, with a remap and removed backfire filter u can gain a few HP up top. Forks are too soft youll need .46 springs. The bike handles awesome, the brakes are top notch, engineering on the bike is wicked. I came off a 2011 RMZ which was an awesome machine but not reliable. The honda has a tendency to oversteer but if you run a bit more sag you can fix it. probably 106-108. I just pounded 4 motos yesterday on it and was extremelly happy with it. got top 5 in 250B. I love the roll on power in slick turns. Im 100% happy with the bike. Apparently on the 2010 cranks there is a diff # stamped in it that the 2011's. My injectors dont leak either. Its hard to start i find though

The 2011 does not have screaming top whatsoever.

Have you ridden a 2011? The 2011 is the definition of screaming top.

The new 2011 with the suspension done is like cheating on the track. ITs that good.

Have you ridden a 2011? The 2011 is the definition of screaming top.

The new 2011 with the suspension done is like cheating on the track. ITs that good.

MxPro is always wrong.

I find it falls flat. You know they did sacrifice top end in 2011 from the 2010 machine. Maybe i should say it doesnt have too much over rev, my rmz revved further. Im a revver. I do agree its an amazing bike

Did you read the MXA review? Either they are way off or you guys are off. You cant both be right because they hate it and you guys love it. Its weird how the reviews are on the extremes of likes/dislikes.

Did you read the MXA review? Either they are way off or you guys are off. You cant both be right because they hate it and you guys love it. Its weird how the reviews are on the extremes of likes/dislikes.

I'm on the "dislike" side.

who cares what mxa said motohead, you do realize there are other magazine companies, it won moto usas shootout, and racerxills as well, second in transworld, I guess id have to go with mxa being way off. They are the onyl one that rated it last. Not another shootout debate. Go ride the thing. And i am turning faster lap times on my 2011 crf than my 2011 rmz. I had 11 hours on my rmz and within the first 2 rides i was quicker. Everyone likes different things. All the bikes shine in diff ways.

i hate rmzs they are total sh*t boxes i agree with rmzrider151
-i agree ive owned my fair share of 250f's and the rmz is by far the shittiest tranny and motor are ****en garbage in em

who cares what mxa said motohead, you do realize there are other magazine companies, it won moto usas shootout, and racerxills as well, second in transworld, I guess id have to go with mxa being way off. They are the onyl one that rated it last. Not another shootout debate. Go ride the thing. And i am turning faster lap times on my 2011 crf than my 2011 rmz. I had 11 hours on my rmz and within the first 2 rides i was quicker. Everyone likes different things. All the bikes shine in diff ways.

Actually, the Suzuki won the Racer X Ill. shootout.:thumbsup:

ok thsi might be a dumb question but bare with me, i have an 05 crf250r modded to most of my prefrences (suspension, motor, controls) would it still be worth the trade for say a 11 or 10 crf250r even if they were stock

ok thsi might be a dumb question but bare with me, i have an 05 crf250r modded to most of my prefrences (suspension, motor, controls) would it still be worth the trade for say a 11 or 10 crf250r even if they were stock

Abso Frickin lutely. My 2011 is awesome. Run a bit more sag to counter act the stink bug oversteering problem and it is unreal. I just had the best day of riding ever on it..Braaaaaaaap

Actually, the Suzuki won the Racer X Ill. shootout.:thumbsup:

and thanks for correcting me RMZrider i knew you would be on top of that, second place. Im sure that gave you wood!!!

Abso Frickin lutely. My 2011 is awesome. Run a bit more sag to counter act the stink bug oversteering problem and it is unreal. I just had the best day of riding ever on it..Braaaaaaaap

What sag do you recommend?

What sag do you recommend?

I would invest in the rear shock linkage and run 105mm sag.I run the pro circuit linkage but there are others out there.The linkage will fix the stink bug feel.