Sign in to follow this  

New Bars- Cross bar or No Crossbar?

Time to get new bars, I have the stock Renthals on 07 KX 450...I like the bend, and I think the ProTaper Windham bend is about as close as I will get to that bend...am I wrong? Should I go ProTaper or stick with a cross bar? any info will be appreciated.

either the bars or bar mounts are bent, maybe both...I loosened the triple clamps and forks and still not straight.

i had the same problem look at the bottom of the bar mounts and theres washers and a rubber mount its probably pulled up a lil bit. take out ur bar mounts and square them and see if there bent, they probably rnt and its the washers, the washers bend and dont allow the rubber mount to sit right and its crooked i just fixed mine an hour ago i put on a beefier nut and new washers and its fine

No bar, doesn't beat your arms and shoulders to death like braced bars do. I had Renthals on my bike when I got it and it just hammered my hands an wrists. I had already had the bike revalved and springs changed and spent all afternoon trying to adjust the harshness out. Put a set of CR high fatbars on and the difference was amazing. Smooth, plush and much gentler on my body. Kept me from firing off a nasty e-mail to my suspension guy!

Time to get new bars, I have the stock Renthals on 07 KX 450...I like the bend, and I think the ProTaper Windham bend is about as close as I will get to that bend...am I wrong? Should I go ProTaper or stick with a cross bar? any info will be appreciated.

Renthal and Sunline both make the same bar bend that is stock on the kawi. If you choose to stick with the x-bar and stock bend there are a ton of option between 7/8, oversized, doublewalls, ect.

i had the same problem look at the bottom of the bar mounts and theres washers and a rubber mount its probably pulled up a lil bit. take out ur bar mounts and square them and see if there bent, they probably rnt and its the washers, the washers bend and dont allow the rubber mount to sit right and its crooked i just fixed mine an hour ago i put on a beefier nut and new washers and its fine

Just took the bars off and your 100% right :thumbsup:

The washers look like cone washers and the metal pieces that fit over the rubber grommet is hammered too...

sounds like u dont need new bars, and even if u did, why not go with another set of stock renthals since u like the bend. I am still running the stock renthals on my 07.. I like the bend, and they are still straight so why change.

sounds like u dont need new bars, and even if u did, why not go with another set of stock renthals since u like the bend. I am still running the stock renthals on my 07.. I like the bend, and they are still straight so why change.

Yeah I think I just need new washers and rubber mounts...I had protapers on my last bike and really liked them, but i'm not going to fix whats not broke....think I will spend the money on a carb rebuild, get rid of that bog...

Yeah I think I just need new washers and rubber mounts...I had protapers on my last bike and really liked them, but i'm not going to fix whats not broke....think I will spend the money on a carb rebuild, get rid of that bog...

Do TEAM GREEN jetting. Better response, NO bog and way more overall power.

I am seeing conflicting #'s for team green jetting.. What did you use? on an '07?

Do TEAM GREEN jetting. Better response, NO bog and way more overall power.

TEAM GREEN jetting sounds cool, but I have no clue what your talking about..please elaborate???

Alot of my freinds are telling to just take it to Tokyo Mods (right up the street from where i live), i think their rebuild is close to $200. Any opinions on their work? I guess the KX's are known to have a little bog and not the best throttle response...

I currently have FMF pipe(header & muffler), other then that pretty much stock...

TEAM GREEN jetting sounds cool, but I have no clue what your talking about..please elaborate???

Alot of my freinds are telling to just take it to Tokyo Mods (right up the street from where i live), i think their rebuild is close to $200. Any opinions on their work? I guess the KX's are known to have a little bog and not the best throttle response...

I currently have FMF pipe(header & muffler), other then that pretty much stock...

Team Green is Kawasaki's research and rider support. Every year they take the stock kx and tinker with it to find the best possible jetting specs and the best stock suspension adjustments for the bike. On the 07 serious power came out of that bike after i did TG jetting.

For the 07 kx250f TG specs:

main jet #75

NCYS needle (4th clip position from the top)

Leak jet #50

Pilot jet #42

Fuel Screw 2.5 turns out

On my 07 I have a fmf 4.1 system and still use TG jetting. I did play with the fuel screw a bit, but i moved it only .5 a turn. At my elevation (2000 ft) the jetting produced way more power that the exhaust. On my bike the pipe improved mid range power and over-rev. But the jetting fixed any bog problem i had and made this engine bark really hard at low rpms. I do know that these specs are only good for below 3000 ft, just something to keep in mind if you live at a high elevation. Here is a link to TG site as well:http://teamgreennews.ca/en/techside.html

One other thing that came to mind..... Im not sure that a carb needs rebuilt after 4 years. Unless the bike was running really crappy gas. I would just make sure it is clean and try a re jet.