Sign in to follow this  

just my luck today

i went to change my oil to on my 2011 rmz250 and check my oil screen(the easy one on the case) and seen nothing was on it but in an other post i read someone said to stick a magnet in there and i did and found this.

profile.php?id=100001099209153&sk=photos

but thats not all, so i figured to check my other screen on the oil pump filter screen and it was clean, so i went to tighten the bolt for the oil pump cover and the top very long bolt stretched and broke off inside the case. and i was using a torque wrench also. and have yet to get it out yet, tried and easy out but the drill bit wouldnt shoot straight and keeps going off the side and drilling into the case

Edited by erskine

Me too..red x's

Might try getting a drill that has a point on the not allow it to walk..and make sure u go at it SLOW.

wow that sucks! There seem to be more problems with the 2011 gearbox than the 2010. I don't recall hearing about as many problems when the 2010 came out. I will check mine tomorrow and see if anything comes out.

I'll try getting pic up later but there's couple big chunks of metal I found. Bike has 8hrs on it and it's not ridden hard at all

Wow. That one piece on there looks pretty big. Was the bike shifting bad?

No the bike was running fine, when I changed my oil there was a couple peices on the magnet drain bolt then found those on the oil strainer

Wow....thats some pretty serious pieces of metal.....Makes you wonder what part those pieces came from?..........

I guess you have 2 choices, ride it like it is since the bike is shifting good or take it apart. This trans issue is getting out of hand. I have 12.5 hours on mine and have never seen anything in there like that. Oil has been changed every race. I would hate to have a problem, this bike has been one of the best handling bikes I have swung a leg over.

Man, that looks like the same shit that came out of my bike. Do not ride that bike it HAS to come apart. My bike was hitting false neutrals when i started finding peices. You have to split the cases. And you need to contact suzuki and let them know. I wrote 4 letters. This is unbeleviable. I have seem so many 2010's and 2011's with this shit. unacceptable. This is a huge safety issue and i know what you are feeling right now with a brand new bike. Mine was coming apart between 4 & 7 hours. And it got worse and worse as it went. Dont let suzuki get away with this shit. PM me if you need anything. Maybe your dealer can go to bat for you. And you know what else. I snapped a magneto cover bolt when i tightened it while using a torque wrench too doing the criss cross method. The bolt grades are shotty on the rmz. Poor components. I couldnt be happier selling that nightmare of a bike. Its just too bad it was fast as hell!

Man, that looks like the same shit that came out of my bike. Do not ride that bike it HAS to come apart. My bike was hitting false neutrals when i started finding peices. You have to split the cases. And you need to contact suzuki and let them know. I wrote 4 letters. This is unbeleviable. I have seem so many 2010's and 2011's with this shit. unacceptable. This is a huge safety issue and i know what you are feeling right now with a brand new bike. Mine was coming apart between 4 & 7 hours. And it got worse and worse as it went. Dont let suzuki get away with this shit. PM me if you need anything. Maybe your dealer can go to bat for you. And you know what else. I snapped a magneto cover bolt when i tightened it while using a torque wrench too doing the criss cross method. The bolt grades are shotty on the rmz. Poor components. I couldnt be happier selling that nightmare of a bike. Its just too bad it was fast as hell!

Honda components aren't that great either, but better.

That's a shame. I don't know if I'm lucky because I have 50 hours on a 10 with no problems. And 120 hours on an 07 supermoto bike that I don't even use a slipper clutch! I just jam the gear down and let the clutch out.

Unfortunately yeah they are aware of a problem, ask any suzuki dealer how many false neutral claims they have had dating back to 2007. I wish i knew this at the start of the year.

This is a quote I pulled from the MXA review of the 2011 RMZ250

"(2) Shifting. It takes a few hours for the transmission to wear in, leading to more precise shifting. We never suffered any issues with shifting under a heavy load, only in finding neutral (which isn’t always such a bad thing)." After reading this quote from MXA and seeing pictures of debris that people are seeing in the transmission debris trap, The fact that MXA says that it takes a few hours for the transmission "to wear in" makes me wonder if some debris in the debris trap would be normal within the first 10 hours of use. Thus the "wearing in" It also makes me think that there is a reason the engineers designed the case of the engine with an area to catch small debris from the transmission... My Honda CRF250 does not have any magnetick drain plugs or debris traps in the transmission case, any small debris in the tranmission would flow out the drain hole..but out of curiosity I wiped a magnet through the bottom of my oil drain pan that I drain the transmission oil into and I found very similar metal debris from my Honda....

Ya youll get some tiny peices in the first few hours for sure. Thinking the peices that me and this other guy pulled out were ok is totally off base. Look at the size of some of those peices. Mine was tranny gears!!!! And i kept getting them from 4 hours on, and they started to become more, which is the opposite of what u want. U want a bit at first then nothing. My honda had a tiny bit through the first two oil changes(tiny fuzz), nothing close to what the RMZ gave me! It blows me away you think thats ok. Not only that, my tranny was hitting bad bad neutrals as the debris started to come out.

Ya youll get some tiny peices in the first few hours for sure. Thinking the peices that me and this other guy pulled out were ok is totally off base. Look at the size of some of those peices. Mine was tranny gears!!!! And i kept getting them from 4 hours on, and they started to become more, which is the opposite of what u want. U want a bit at first then nothing. My honda had a tiny bit through the first two oil changes(tiny fuzz), nothing close to what the RMZ gave me! It blows me away you think thats ok. Not only that, my tranny was hitting bad bad neutrals as the debris started to come out.

"MXpro" No offense but, kinda tired of you replying to every single thread on the Suzuki forum about trans debris. All of your replys are say the same basic thing. Your glad you sold your suzuki and bought a honda... ok we have heard you.:thumbsup: Maybe you should give others a chance to reply that may come up with a solution if indeed there is issues... Or maybe you could post pictures of the failed parts that you supposedly had to replace in your transmission? I do kind of find it odd how you are all over this topic but we are yet to see pictures of the bad parts... Was it a problem with shift dogs? gears? etc...It seems your more interested in bashing than you are in finding a solution...

I personally know of 4 new RMZ250's that are ridden hard by very good riders with no issues... Two of the bikes have 50+ hours! They absolutley love them.

"MXpro" No offense but, kinda tired of you replying to every single thread on the Suzuki forum about trans debris. All of your replys are say the same basic thing. Your glad you sold your suzuki and bought a honda... ok we have heard you.:thumbsup: Maybe you should give others a chance to reply that may come up with a solution if indeed there is issues... Or maybe you could post pictures of the failed parts that you supposedly had to replace in your transmission? I do kind of find it odd how you are all over this topic but we are yet to see pictures of the bad parts... Was it a problem with shift dogs? gears? etc...It seems your more interested in bashing than you are in finding a solution...

I personally know of 4 new RMZ250's that are ridden hard by very good riders with no issues... Two of the bikes have 50+ hours! They absolutley love them.

Hey superjet thats too bad! Im not really concerned with your opinion even 1%. The peices went into the dumpster. Suzuki didnt even want to see them. Maybe thats why its a continuing issue. I didnt take any pics because i wasnt home when it was being fixed. And why would i make it all up. Look at the stuff that came out of my engine. i didnt have a choice to split the cases. And i dont care how many RMZs u know of. I know of more than 4 that shit the bed. And im here to try and help other people. This guy wouldnt have stuck a magnet in the strainer unless it was for me posting for people to do so. And im glad i could help. Id hate to see someone get hurt. So give your head a shake, this is an internet forum, if you dont want to read it then go somewhere else. Oh and PS im stoked with my Honda!!!

Hahaha! thats exactly what I expected a self proclaimed "MXPRO" to say!

You know it all and don't care what anyone else thinks...

Hahaha! thats exactly what I expected a self proclaimed "MXPRO" to say!

You know it all and don't care what anyone else thinks...

When have I ever said i know it all. Thats a lame remark, and i just dont care what u think! All im stating is my experiences i have had. And i think its worthy of posting. Now we can get back to the real thread here hopefully.