Does the FCR bowl have a check valve in it?

I have an older style slant FCR off of a DRZ.

It has been nothing but trouble and I can't get it to run down low at all. It won't run off choke so I think the pilot circuit is plugged even though I have cleaned it 3 times

But that's not the problem. The AP pump seems to work only some of the time. New diaphragm in it but it seems that fuel isn't flowing from the float bowl to the AP bowl.

If I take the float bowl off and fill it with water, it doesn't dribble down into the AP bowl. Should it? is there a little check valve in the bottom port of the float bowl that leads to the AP bowl?

Edited by apgamer
I have an older style slant FCR off of a DRZ.

It has been nothing but trouble and I can't get it to run down low at all. It won't run off choke so I think the pilot circuit is plugged even though I have cleaned it 3 times

But that's not the problem. The AP pump seems to work only some of the time. New diaphragm in it but it seems that fuel isn't flowing from the float bowl to the AP bowl.

If I take the float bowl off and fill it with water, it doesn't dribble down into the AP bowl. Should it? is there a little check valve in the bottom port of the float bowl that leads to the AP bowl?

Yes it does, behind the brass plug. It requires a vacuum to work.

More than likely, the passage way to the pump nozzle is clogged. Very tough to clean out. You should send the carb in to tokyo mods for a real cleaning.

IMG_0591-vi.jpg

IMG_0601-vi.jpg