Sign in to follow this  

SMS630 New Owner Questions

I'm a new owner of a 2011 SMS630 and I have a few questions.

Two words…. performance parts?

Also, I read the must do mods thread and I was wondering if the throttle stop mod works with the EFI system?

Has anyone started a DIY for these bikes?

Lastly, being that this is a supermoto, am I in the wrong place? :thumbsup:

Thanks,

--Daniel--

supermoto junkie will most likely have more supermoto specific info for you. However the 630's don't have restrictive throttle stops and there is no extensive "power up" process to go through like on the rest of the older 510/450's had.

I'm not sure if anyone has an exhaust for it yet, I know Leo Vince was working on one. Replacing the stock cans will be the biggest performance gain in addition to installing the power up plug in the O2 (usually included with the full LV systems). After that the air box can be openned up, but at at negligible gains IMHO.

I'm a new owner of a 2011 SMS630 and I have a few questions.

Two words…. performance parts?

Also, I read the must do mods thread and I was wondering if the throttle stop mod works with the EFI system?

Has anyone started a DIY for these bikes?

Lastly, being that this is a supermoto, am I in the wrong place? :thumbsup:

Thanks,

--Daniel--

You definitely need the p/u kit ( the plug that fits where the sensor now is and a new EFI that comes as part of the kit with the twin Arrows that you also get from Husqvarna (your local dealer). The 630 is set much too lean in order to conform with Euro 3 but comes into its own when the p/u kit is installed. The only other thing that has to be done is reduce the idle setting with the small tool that comes with the bike (instructions are on the `puter stick).

If a new exhaust is too expensive, the simple p/u kit (without the new EFI) is cheap and almost as effective. Let us know how you get on. My 630 was an entirely new bike once it was all done.

the P/U kit is definitly on the list of first upgrades. I was going to get the Berg fs570 but it wasn't in the price range I was willing to spend so I picked up this.

I think this will be a fun bike when I find a way to reinstall its balls because it is definitly missing them.

the P/U kit is definitly on the list of first upgrades. I was going to get the Berg fs570 but it wasn't in the price range I was willing to spend so I picked up this.

I think this will be a fun bike when I find a way to reinstall its balls because it is definitly missing them.

Yes! Very much so. But it´s not Husqvara´s fault exactly. There´s no other way to get a performance bike through the E3 regulations. The 630 was diabolical when I first got it. I wanted the Berg 570 too ... but was put off by the amount of maintenance it needed, and that it wasn´t all that suitable for every day use.

there is not a throttle stop to worry about.you need to spend a grand + or -.power up kit,fmf or leo vince exhaust,jd fuel inj tuner,and different gearing.you do all of these and the bike will excite!dan