MY 93 Kx 250

DCP_0006.jpg

100_0294.jpg

DCP_0005.jpg

Hi first time posting in this part of the site I have been lurking for a while ? lots of good info, i am usualy over looking at posts about honda z50's

This is my 93 kx 250 after looking at some members rebuild posts (one of a 94 kx 250 and others ) has me wanting my kx looking period correct.

I have had this bike for 13 years when i got it i hated how it looked (stock) so to be one of the cool kids i got my rims painted black a vented number plate a newer trim sticker kit that i had to make due for rad shroud stickers and a black seat.

I am looking to put my bike back to stock, i am having a hard time finding plastic and a period correct sticker kit. anyone know where i could get some

I am also having the problem of a slack / worn brake mount and pegs from lack grease from the P/O any ideas on what i could do to fix this ?

thanks for looking

Jon

Edited by jon440x

I've been lurking and learning too.

My "new" 1991 seems to be stock.

I just got it a couple weekends ago.

Is the (rusty) pipe that has a "Pro Circuit" riveted to it stock?

How about the "Boysen reeds"...iks that stock?

The blue forks? Is that standard for the period?

I like the look of yours better. All the stickers and all. The black rims look cool.

Coo

P1060170.jpg

Thanks coo, i guess i am just looking for a change with the look of my bike, your bike looks good

the stiker kit is a trim package from the late 90's splitfire and procircuit team.

? you better hop on this then: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/KAWASAKI-KX125-J2-HIGH-SEAT-53001-1697-LK-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem562871a0b4QQitemZ370045722804QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

He writes "125" twice, but I checked the part number and it fits 125's and 250's 92/93.

If you don't want to spend that amount of money there's: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350394275345&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I had the same brake pivot and foot rest issues on my 94. There's photos in my thread on how I fixed them. Kawasaki site is showing your shrouds still available, so you should grab a set of those. Nightmare racing is coming out with aftermarket plastics for those years. If you want OEM then you have to check the Kaw site to see whats available. Ron Ayers seems to have the best prices (overall) for OEM parts. And they will call you if something is backordered.

The hardest thing for me was getting the frame paint right. Find something Kaw green and get it matched up. Obviously after you fix the pivot and peg mounts. You'll probobly have a crapload of cracks on your frame that will need to be vee'd out, welded and blended. I spent nearly a whole day just repairing my frame.

Get as much hardware as you can, spare hardware too, and get it replated. Hardware will be your biggest expense.

Thanks Clyde. I was thinking that was the case.

Since it has an after market pipe and reeds, will that effect jetting?

I'm thinking that it would indeed effect jetting as the jets meter the air/gas mix. If there is more air (I'm guessing the after market pipe and reeds are for better (bigger) air flow) I would think there would be different jetting (gas) requirments.

I ask that as I'm going to tear this thing down and was thinking of starting with standard stock jetting. But...it's not standard stock pipe and reeds?

Coo

? ........ There's photos in my thread on how I fixed them. .....

Jeek. You seem to be here often enought and have good experiences and knowledge...where is this thread of yours?

I would read it and see the pics and learn from it. It may be applicable to my bike. It may be somethingg I could take note of and see if my bike has this issue too.

I'm at the newby point of not knowing even what to look for.

Thanks a ton.

CooHead

This is Jeekinz bike https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=867820

After looking at the job he was doing it got me thinking about my old bike and how i could make it look good again.

Jeekinz i had a look at the seat wow i would love to have that but its out of my budget right now, Thanks for finding it for me ? i am going to email the other guy and see what he has to say.

My plan is to fix the problems first then try to collect parts to achive my vison.

BUT I want to know your ideas on what to do with this bike before i tell you my ideas ...

I've been lurking and learning too.

My "new" 1991 seems to be stock.

I just got it a couple weekends ago.

Is the (rusty) pipe that has a "Pro Circuit" riveted to it stock?

How about the "Boysen reeds"...iks that stock?

The blue forks? Is that standard for the period?

I like the look of yours better. All the stickers and all. The black rims look cool.

Coo

P1060170.jpg

blue forks were standard for that bike i always thought they looked awesome with the kawi green!

Guys I am up late waiting to pick up the GF from the airport so I thought I would give you an idea of what I want to do with the bike. First of all I am doing this on a budget so good used parts might work. I am in need of a set of radiator shrouds and rear fender that aren’t cracked, once I get some good ones I will be searching for decals that look somewhat stock. On the list of things to buy a new front number plate as the vented FLO green one has had its day. I think I am going to keep the rims black for now and get a blue seat cover. I would like to change the black ground s on my side panels to white.

I need to fix some things that are worn like the rear brake caliper where it mounts to the swing arm, brake pedal mount and foot pegs, I might try to source some new ones. Also on the list of things to fix are the fork seals, and the chain roller by the air box.

I think that’s it for now

I hope I did not bore you and you can see my vision of the end product

If you don't use Ebay you should start, it's a great place to get parts for you project. JUst make sure you know what you are looking for cuz alot of sellers don't know what they are selling. God luck.

Ed