Antigravity Batteries Product Giveaways - ENTER NOW! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Should I trade my yz250f for a yfz450? *plz help*

i am thinking of trading my 07 yz250f that has been well maintained with mods: fmf 4.1 titanium muffler, fly racing handlebars, asv clutch lever, stroker crank and piston kit, and a big bore kit (bored out to a huge 400). I bought it off of craigslist and im about 5'6" (i'm 15) and for one, it seems hard to get on, feet dont touch the ground, and this is also my FIRST dirtbike. Stupid of me to get one with so much power, this thing can get close to a 450f. I am currently not enjoying it at all cuz i cant ride it.

Now the yfz450: its an 08 yfz450 SE with fasst flexx bars, GYTR pipe, jet kit, and a blingstar bumper. But keep in mind, i am SO much better on four-wheelers than dirtbikes, i have a raptor 350, and have grown out of it. I rode my friends raptor 700 and LOVED it. i cleared all the jumps at my local track in alaska. I am hesitant about trading just because the dude i bought it from was a skilled mechanic and put on the mods on himself, and i know its a great, fast bike. I would hate to see such a great bike go. But it does require very HARD kicks to start, just because of all the upgrades.

Do you think i should trade for the yfz450 that i will love? or keep the yz250f and try to learn how to ride this powerful machine....at the expense of fun. Its a hard decision to make, i dont have alot of spare cash, and would appreciate anyone's opinions. Thanks for your time!

We have an 08 YFZ. The engine is still stock, and even so it is very fast (but runs hot because it is all corked up). Suspension and handling are great. Because their engines likes to be ridden reved, none of the 450's make good tight trail quads (lots of clutch slipping required). Plus, it isn't the quad I would pick for an all day desert ride. Good quad for play riding (informal MX) and short local rides though.