confidence issue?

hey guys, i absolutely love motocross, but im finding lately i have abit of a confidence issue. say i go to my local track, i will be really nervous to get out onto the track. then i go out and the nerves go away, but i feel as though everyone is watching me, even though theyre not. i usually dont go very fast either of the fear of crashing and everyone seeing it, but i myself know that i look like more of a tool going around slow and rolling jumps, then going hard and crashing. i usually clear everything, but i just wont go fast if that makes sense. i know i can ride faster, i have my own track at my house with big doubles and tabletops, and i smash around that with 110 % confidence, but when i get to the track it all goes out the door, what should i do :/

thats how i am because i always use to ride a a Farm, and now recently ive been going to my Local Mx track and i sometimes I get nervous too when i go there, espically when theres heaps of people Riding on the same track, and watching. but when theres only a couple of people on the track i ride heaps better. and most of them ride faster then me because there all on 250s, 450s and im on my 85 and it feels like im getting in there way lol. Im just not the best at jumping, but other then that im preety fast, and i can usually keep up with most people on 85s and sometimes bigger bikes but when the jump comes I slow down and that stuffs me up. but i just practice and i will get faster soon.

yeah well im kinda the opposite. ive been riding mx my whole riding life, i feel better when theres more people on the track and im better at jumping. im gonna try get out there more often though so i get used to it.

Its really just getting more seat time on MX/Practice tracks with other people...When you at your house its just you or you and a buddy...and you are use to that.....You will get use to riding on a track with other people...And dont worry about other riders ...its all about you having fun and being safe.....Hang in there.....

Trust me, people are watching you. But not because your slow, or you suck. But because they are jelous they are not out there like you!

If someone is there to judge you, then they are the ones with issues, not you.

Is it actually the fear of other people watching you? How are you at public speakin? Do you get nervous talking to a group of people or are you calm and easy? If you don't speak in front of a large audience such as a classroom of people, maybe you should work on that?

I think they call it 'growin a pair'...all part of growin up...lettin the hang downs drop.

Just wait, there will be some truly scary decisions in your life...you'll need them. :thumbsup:

:confused:

You should be worried about going down at your own track. Atleast at the local track where people "watch" you there will be people close by to help should something go wrong.

Have a couple drinks first to loosen-up????

I think they call it 'growin a pair'...all part of growin up...lettin the hang downs drop.

Just wait, there will be some truly scary decisions in your life...you'll need them. :thumbsup:

:worthy:

Well put, Sir! :confused:

Just focus on the fundamentals....squeezzing the bike with your legs, picking proper lines, braking correctly. simply try to think about riding your bike properly and nothing else. work on cornering or blasting whoops.. if you stay focused on how to be smooth and you will get faster along with the confidence needed. If people are keeping an eye on you at the track its prob because your lookin pretty good, otherwise nobody really cares, like said before its all about having fun. why put the pressure on yourself.

im actually very good at public speaking, im confident in that departnment, i guess it will just come to me. its also my first couple of goes at this new track with my 250f, but i dont think thats the reason.

Pin it.

im actually very good at public speaking, im confident in that departnment, i guess it will just come to me. its also my first couple of goes at this new track with my 250f, but i dont think thats the reason.

Lucky man! I HATED public speaking as a kid and up to my mid/late 20's. It made me nervous to the point I had mild tremors. Now I do it literally every day, 6 hours a day. The difference? Practice! Go out there, be slow/nervous for a while and the confidence will come! Good luck, you WILL make it!:thumbsup: