Sign in to follow this  

Mx Jumping Question

if you Rev the bike in the Air while your doing a jump, does that help the bike lift up?? :thumbsup:

ohk, just curious how does it make the Front wheel lift up? and is there any other way to make the front wheel go down other then leaning forward.

I use to ride on a farm before, so im new to doing jumping on motos

i have no idea bro lol, it just happens. its something to do with the rear wheel spinning. and yeah, you can pull in the clutch and dab the rear brake, ive heard that works.

ahk, becoz theres this 1 jump at my Local Mx track and most of the time i land with the front wheel first, and ive seen heaps of other people stuff up and do that too, the jump is just wierd. I dnt know why

I go good on the other jumps

the gyroscopic effect of the rear wheel being accelerated will lift the front higher when in the air , you can either use front or back brake to bring the front wheel down if going too high .

the gyroscopic effect of the rear wheel being accelerated will lift the front higher when in the air , you can either use front or back brake to bring the front wheel down if going too high .

This. That is why wen you see guys come off a jump wrong, they will sometimes hit the gas before landing to pitch the nose of the bike up to even out.

Also that is why guys like Travis Pastrana hit the gas as they come off the ramp to do a backflip. The gyroscopic forces cause the bike to pitch backwards (front wheel up).

I feel like the 'panic rev' drags the rear end down rather than pull the front end up, same as tapping the rear brake draws the front end down. I don't spend a lot of time in the air so I could be all wet...

Yeah it drops the rear, making the front end higher. But nothing can raise you up once your in the air.

I feel like the 'panic rev' drags the rear end down rather than pull the front end up, same as tapping the rear brake draws the front end down. I don't spend a lot of time in the air so I could be all wet...

You're right and wrong...The bike tends to pivot near the center of gravity from the gyroscopic effect of the motor, so the the rear end goes down a little and the front end comes up a little...

You're right and wrong...The bike tends to pivot near the center of gravity from the gyroscopic effect of the motor, so the the rear end goes down a little and the front end comes up a little...

Makes sense to me.:thumbsup:

thanks, next time i go to my Mx track i will practice on the jumps

Just be sure to pull in the clutch in if you tap the rear brake in order to bring the front end down...If you don't, very bad things will happen...:thumbsup:

Just be sure to pull in the clutch in if you tap the rear brake in order to bring the front end down...If you don't, very bad things will happen...:thumbsup:

Everyone needs to have a good bar pad slap to the chest at least once from this.

Do not! Hit the front brake in the air, if u value your life

A panic rev or brake tap will cause the bike to rotate around the rear wheel for the most part. Just think of it like this: If the bike is on flat ground and you whack the throttle, it wants to wheelie or loop out. If you're riding a wheelie and about to loop out, tapping the back brake will bring the front down pretty quick. Same thing happens in the air.