Sign in to follow this  

new carb or rejet the stock????

i just finished breaking in my new drz sm. i am going to do the 3x3 and get a full pipe, not going to do much more. will a new carb be better then rejetting if all i am going to do is the 3x3 and full pipe??? i dont want to get a new carb if its not going to help much more then just rejetting the stock carb.

People have reported that by changing the carb alone (no pipe) you see more power gains than a rejetted stock carb with full exhaust

Re jetting the stock CV carb will be a marginal performance improvement..It's more about getting the bike running correctly..

However, It dosen't matter how quickly you turn the throttle ,you still be relying on vacuum/air movement to lift the slide..

The FCR is a significant improvement over the stock cab, especially in throttle response..Here your right wrist in controls the slide...

Most that have upgraded to the Fcrmx wished they had done it long before......:thumbsup:

3x3, Fcrmx and Free Flowing pipe is the way to go....SSW/MRD or Yoshi Ti have been proven to be the best in the flow dept....

Edited by CraigoDRZ400sm

just go straight for the fcr......its no contest....makes your drz a different bike

simples

thanks for the help, and fast reply.you guys have made me sure, im getting the new carb. in a few hours im going down to the shop and ordering a full pipe and carb.

lt is well documented that the best two pipes for the DRZ are either the SSW/MRD or the Yosh Trc Ti. The RS2 and RS3 don't make a huge difference... but obviously look better than stock.

Apparently Yosh has stopped making the Trc Ti although it is still available. lt is also an $800 pipe. The MRD pipe is about $550. The Yosh is lighter but the MRD is stronger. Both pipes are very loud... but you cannot achieve power without noise. This has also been well documented.

Run a search here on both products. This forum is heavily biased towards the MRD pipe however there is good reason. lt is a very well made pipe with excellent back up from the manufacturer. lf you do go with the MRD l highly recommend buying the quiet insert.

get the mrd....again theres no contest.....made to develop more bhp than a yosh as far as im aware and developed by eddie sinseros whos the king of drz tuning...sayas it all......whats going to be better ?? seriously??

mrd are top for the drz........

Here's a different take on the FCR, yes it does transform the bike, more power quicker throttle response, at the cost of fuel economy. Yeah others might mention that it's due to the generous amounts of right wrist action. Even when ridding easy I only got 42 mpg, at about 55 mph. Not worth it to me. Fcr is nice for power but the stock carb and 3x3 with a Dyna Jet is good enough for me. Just depends on what you want.

get the mrd....again theres no contest.....made to develop more bhp than a yosh as far as im aware and developed by eddie sinseros whos the king of drz tuning...sayas it all......whats going to be better ?? seriously??

mrd are top for the drz........

you need to get your facts straight.this is wrong.

the yosh trc pro ti and the mrd/ssw systems make the same power and differ only in their delivery.the yosh is still the lightest pipe of them all but fragile.but after running one for 5 years i haven't had any issues.

+2 on the Bum!

To the OP, get a FCR from Eddie, do not bother going anywhere else.

If you have money, get the Yosh Ti. If you want to save a little and perhaps buy me a present for my sage advice, then get the SSW/MRD pipe. The Yosh is significantly lighter, light costs.

MRD customer service is top notch. Yosh, well it depends who you are. I personally have outstanding service from them. Others report being snubbed.

bumtarder

eddie said this recently when explaining about the mrd ssw

#13 05-01-2011, 02:19 PM

Eddie Sisneros

TT Intake Expert

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoBeffah

Yes please clarify cause I have an rs3 and was under the impression even the rs2 is better.

no, the rs2 and rs3 are basically the same. AVERAGE off the shelf pipes.

For price quotes and info pertaining to sales and service email SSpeedWorks@gmail.com,call 303-485-1858 or for quick and easy purchase SisnerosSpeedWorks.com

CLICK HERE for official Sisneros Speed Works team T-Shirts