Core EXP Question for someone who has one

The CORE EXP is touted as an anti-stall clutch that still retains (there words paraphrased) 100% normal clutch operation through the lever but preventing the bike from stalling.

I am very interested in this but am having trouble mentally undertsanding how this plays out in the real world.

What I would like it for is if you got on the rear brake a bit too hard into a corner I am understanding it would prevent the bike from stalling.

So I am also then understanding that if the bike is idleing and you let out the clutch its not goint to engage?

If you then give it some throttle does it engage all at once or is it like an auto clutch?

When you give it some gas and feed out the clutch (like a stock clutch) to get moving does it feel normal??

from what i understand it is a semi auto clutch.. you can shift with the clutch like you regularly would with any other clutch

BUT... if you wanted you can shift with only the lever... probly more to it than that but yeah..

lots of threads about the different recluse auto clutches. They take some getting used to, and you have riders that don't like em, and riders that would never own a bike without..

i have the exp core and Yes you can slam on the rear brake as hard as you want and lock up the rear wheel with the clutch out and it will not stall the bike.

the with the clutch out from a dead stop and gasing it , the auto clutch will engage like you where doing it yourself,

here is more from when i got mine

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=826099&highlight=

The 'auto' portion only takes effect when you are at or below idle. The rest of the time you cannot tell. So, if you are in a gear too tall, instead of stalling, or fanning the clutch and or having the back end come out on you, the auto-clutch fans it perfectly, so you get perfect rear wheel traction. Want to steer with the rear wheel? Down shift, and ride like normal, or use clutch like normal.

i have the exp core and Yes you can slam on the rear brake as hard as you want and lock up the rear wheel with the clutch out and it will not stall the bike.

the with the clutch out from a dead stop and gasing it , the auto clutch will engage like you where doing it yourself,

here is more from when i got mine

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=826099&highlight=

Definant proof that Dungey uses an auto of some sort in his bike at 28 seconds and near 2 minute mark in the video link you provided in your other thread.

I have a Hinson steel basket do you know if you could use that with the Core EXP? I have two bikes and am thinking I might put the Core EXP in one bike and a complete Hinson clutch kit in the other.

Joe

Definant proof that Dungey uses an auto of some sort in his bike at 28 seconds and near 2 minute mark in the video link you provided in your other thread.

I have a Hinson steel basket do you know if you could use that with the Core EXP? I have two bikes and am thinking I might put the Core EXP in one bike and a complete Hinson clutch kit in the other.

Joe

ya it will work fine with any basket

Joe

I wouldnt do that, once you are used to the rekluse you wont like to use a regular clutch any more. It could be dangerous or at least you will stall every lap. I had to buy one for my practice bike too.

Hmm, I think I will have to look into one of these, seems like the best of both worlds.