changes for sand riding

what changes do you make? how much harder? how much faster rebound? my mate takes his shock rebound out to 5. do you think this is to much?

it all depends on how stiff it is to start with, some bikes have been valved for sand riding.

If you have a good hardpack setting and want to go to sand i would try 3-5 more compression both ends, more hs by 1/2 turn, and more rear rebound by 3-5.

it all depends on how stiff it is to start with, some bikes have been valved for sand riding.

If you have a good hardpack setting and want to go to sand i would try 3-5 more compression both ends, more hs by 1/2 turn, and more rear rebound by 3-5.

:thumbsup:

i would also try a stiffer fork reb and more racesag:thumbsup:

I see the fork reb recommendation go either way quite a bit. Always curious why that was.

what changes do you make? how much harder? how much faster rebound? my mate takes his shock rebound out to 5. do you think this is to much?

what springs are you running. in the forks, i would go stiffer than a normal mx setting for your weight. you'll definately want to stiffen the comp as well. i'm not a fan of sand, but i'll ride it. if my fork spring should be a .47 for my weight, i would use .49's.

would help to know rider weight to recommend spring weights. As some stated, reb/comp adjustments depend greatly on present valving. 5 from full stiff on shock rebound sounds pretty firm but might not be based on your valving and condition of your suspension, what are your sag numbers? LOTS of variables..

100 sag and cant remember race sag but is was ok for hard pack. not going to the extent of buying firmer springs to put in just for 2 races a year in sand. im 75 kg with out gear, stock springs and valving. for hard pack my suspension is 14 comp and 9 reb on the fork and 12 comp and 9 rebound on the shock. the track is super deep sand with huge whoops and whooped out corners and whooped out sweeping turns. only 2 jump reall jumps tho. not interested in revalve or change of spring just clicker adjustments thanks

still need to know the free sag, a over preloaded spring will not work well in the sand.

yeah not sure and dont really care. just want a rough idea. do you think 4 clicks harder every where is appropriate?

yeah not sure and dont really care. just want a rough idea. do you think 4 clicks harder every where is appropriate?

classic.. yea, 4 clicks. :thumbsup: whatever.. have at it.

classic.. yea, 4 clicks. :thumbsup: whatever.. have at it.

:confused: