Water trail out of the water pump weep hole

2010 400xcw anyone know what seal needs to be replaced and if the side cover needs to come off. Thanks

I cant tell you for sure but Thumper racing sells some seal kits and has a video showing how to do it

It's most likely the o-rings on the round seal carrier. The Thumper Racing kit has everything you'll need. A pair of snap ring pliers will come in handy to remove the impeller and the seal carrier. I used dielectric grease on the o-rings since they don't swell or decay rubber. Make sure you smooth out the impeller shaft with a Scotchbrite pad before sliding the new seals on lest you cut them up. Look for the video on YouTube by mcgoodies; shouldn't take more than 30 minutes to finish.

I cant tell you for sure but Thumper racing sells some seal kits and has a video showing how to do it

I didnt see anything on Thumper racing for the XC4 motor

I have an 09 400xcw and have replaced the oil/water seal twice in past 2yrs.

It takes about a half hour to replace the seals and with your bike being so new, the gaskets around clutch and inner primary can be re-used.

On my bike, I am suspecting that there is a groove or imperfection on my impeller shaft so I am replacing it soon before the hot weather sets in.