Sign in to follow this  

Our very first race ever

My son and I raced our first race ever but definitely not our last. Saturday night under the stadium lights on a super cross style track and it was blast. Didn't come close to the results we expected but learned a lot and had a great time.

They just moved the gates over to the night track so it isn't finished yet and there is a big trench between the concrete and the gates. During the first practice my son's back tire got caught in that trench and he looped out trying to get out. Bent his bars up bad, packed his silencer with dirt. He didn't end up racing.

I ended up racing the 250 beginner class but they through 3 C riders in with us because they couldn't hit the big doubles.

I ended up last both moto's but had great battles with 3 riders most of both moto's. I spun out in a corner because of a dumb mistake and that was all she wrote.

Son getting ready for his practice time:

hlrnightraces054.jpg

hlrnightraces080.jpg

Few of me

hlrnightraces097.jpg

hlrnightraces099.jpg

hlrnightraces100.jpg

Man...that is pretty neat!

Were you nervous?

I get nervous before the start of an RC truck race.

I have visions of participating in my first race by the end of the summer.

I have no racing experince and am 47 years old.

I will practice all summer and may be able to ride the old 1991 KX250 for 20 minutes at a time. Hopefully, I'll be able to jump some doubles by then.

I just think it would be so cool to be in an MX race. Don't care if I'm laps behind the leader. Would just like to ride hard next to somebody at some point.

Are there 47 year old fathers of three racing?

Does anybody really race a 1991 KX250?

How many minutes is a race?

Is the beginers race really begineers?

I live in Northern Illinois and there is a well know track around here called Byron.

We are going to go watch one Sunday and see if my dream is even atainable.

Good for you for getting it done.

CooHead

Awesome pics......so glad to see new riders entering the sport......Have fun and be safe.....

I started racing when I was 40...never even on a bike prior to that...Kids got me into it lol.

I was terrified to start with but now even as a slow rider its all fun. You will likely get lapped while racing and that is where you need to be careful and learn to hold your line when the faster guys are coming.

Were you nervous?

I have visions of participating in my first race by the end of the summer.

I have no racing experince and am 47 years old.

I will practice all summer and may be able to ride the old 1991 KX250 for 20 minutes at a time. Hopefully, I'll be able to jump some doubles by then.

Are there 47 year old fathers of three racing?

Does anybody really race a 1991 KX250?

How many minutes is a race?

Is the beginers race really begineers?

We are going to go watch one Sunday and see if my dream is even atainable.

CooHead

I'll be 40 in a couple months and Yep I was really nervous, stomach upset nervous. By the end of the first moto though I was fine (other than being completely worn out) and I couldn't wait until the next moto. There were a lot of over 30 and 40 class riders and they were crazy fast.

As far as those racing the beginner class goes, it really depends on the integrity of the individual entering that class. I felt some of the beginners in my class probably could have raced the C class and been just fine but that's just me.

Your dream is obtainable for sure, all you have to do train, practice and show up on race day ready to race.

I just can't even begin to describe how much fun it was despite a poor performance.

Congrats, Glad to see you and the boy out there bangin bars... Keep up the good work..

My son and I raced our first race ever but definitely not our last.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::confused:

I ran a harescramble with my son in November. We came in dead last (well I did, he beat me). I don't ever think about the results... Just think about being out there with my son. Best feeling ever.

My son and I are on our second year of riding hare scrambles. We're having a great time together.