Will my kickstand be too long when I go SM?

I'm picking up a set of SM wheels and I just thought about how it's going to sit a little lower due to the smaller front wheel. Will the kickstand on my 03 E model be too long?

It will stand up, but a stiff wind will blow it over. I plan on cutting the stopper tab back a little bit when I throw my sm wheels back on.

Crap, I guess I'll be looking for a new kickstand soon because I want to be able to switch back.

Do the stock SM kickstands work or should I get one from an E or S model and cut it?

I havent had any trouble with mine although it does stand pretty strait up.

I'm going to test it out but I did see one on ebay for $20 (+ $12 shipping).

The S kickstand is too long. I have to look for a decent place to park mine with the SM wheels or else a sparrow farting could knock it over.

I never had trouble with my S stand on SM wheels. Never parked anywhere special other than making sure not to have the stand on the up side of a hill.

Edited by ptgarcia

Same here. SM wheels with an E. It's not worth the trouble to change stands all the time.

As long as the stand isn't uphill, it's fine. I've never not been able to park due to the tall stand. I have had to take a second to position the bike correctly though.

Steve

i did the hooligan mod on my S and the kickstand works just fine, guess i have a weird bike

Mine stood almost vertical so I cut about an " and a 1/4.

I have an S with SM wheels and Yep it stands up straight But I've not had any problems with it.

Although now I posted this on here.....

if its worth a 1/4 inch ,i havent seen the need yet , iv got both SM and a S drz's , the most was the sm leaned with the s tires

Yes it is to long...makes the bike stand up very straight. I always pulled the bike up to get the suspension to stand at it's tallest point and always parked so the kick stand was on the low side of whatever slant I was parked on. Never had it fall over this way.

The title of this thread is very deceiving, I thought you left out a "&" between the S -M.

if its worth a 1/4 inch ,i havent seen the need yet , iv got both SM and a S drz's , the most was the sm leaned with the s tires

I cut an inch-and-1/4 just used (") to save myself typing the full word.

He's a pic I posted back then if you want to do the search thing:

DRZKickstand.jpg

Do you guys saying the S stand with the SM wheels is too long have the proper sag set? Mine leaned over a lot more than the picture Rhinoracer posted.

Do you guys saying the S stand with the SM wheels is too long have the proper sag set? Mine leaned over a lot more than the picture Rhinoracer posted.

I havent touched my suspension and mine looks about like his. If i turn the bars all the way to the right when i park it the bike is very precarious. Over to the left keeps her steady though.

I'm curious about how bad an SM with stock kickstand leans with 21/18" tires on there...

EvsSMJPG.jpg

My e stand vs an sm stand.

Put on the sm when I lowered my suspension 1". Stock E stand made her stand up too straight, not much lean.

I have no idea about SM wheels, just posting for comparison.

I shortened mine 1" and it was perfect.