Sign in to follow this  

Xr650l/xr650r exhaust swap...?

I got caught up in an E-bay auction and bought an exhaust mistakenly for a 650r....its been shipped....waiting for it to arrive but wondered if the two will swap.?

I used the head pipe off my 89' xr600r and it works fine.....guess I pulled the trigger a little to soon without paying attention to the fit...oh well.

just finished Dave's mods ....thanks to all the articles here on TT it was a breeze and Holy Shit....what a difference !! I have 19 washers left over for the needle mod if anyone wants one .

as always thanks in advance for the help:thumbsup:

I got caught up in an E-bay auction and bought an exhaust mistakenly for a 650r....its been shipped....waiting for it to arrive but wondered if the two will swap.?

I used the head pipe off my 89' xr600r and it works fine.....guess I pulled the trigger a little to soon without paying attention to the fit...oh well.

just finished Dave's mods ....thanks to all the articles here on TT it was a breeze and Holy Shit....what a difference !! I have 19 washers left over for the needle mod if anyone wants one .

as always thanks in advance for the help:thumbsup:

I highly doubt it but its not like you have any choice now :thumbsup:

I actually e-mailed the seller and they said no problem to swap it out.....I just didnt want to wait another 2 weeks to get it back..!!