XR 400 For Sale

Washington

The guy I work for has a 97 XR400 that he wants to get rid of (taking up shop space) If anyone is interested I could supply some pics and info.

plated?

plated?

if not you can always have it done next year. that's what i'm going to do with my 400. my new commuter.:thumbsup::banana:

It's a lost title situation.

if not you can always have it done next year. that's what i'm going to do with my 400. my new commuter.:thumbsup::banana:

Might want to read those proposed regulations on converting it to dual sport. Not as easy as you think based on what I have read and was presented to us at a recent club meeting.

Might want to read those proposed regulations on converting it to dual sport. Not as easy as you think based on what I have read and was presented to us at a recent club meeting.

enlighten me

I sent an email to Shocker and once I get the stuff he read out loud, I will post it up here.

Stand-by

thanks. i've been very curious as to how many hoops and how high they'll be. maybe i need to go workout.

So this is what was read....

8 © Obtains a valid driver's license and motorcycle endorsement

9 issued to Washington residents in compliance with chapter 46.20 RCW for

10 a motorcycle.

Easy enough...already have mine

11 (2) Any off-road motorcycle operated under this section must have:

12 (a) A head lamp meeting the requirements of RCW 46.37.523 and

13 46.37.524, and used in accordance with RCW 46.37.522;

ok, not a problem

14 (:thumbsup: A tail lamp meeting the requirements of RCW 46.37.525;

covered

15 © A stop lamp meeting the requirements of RCW 46.37.525;

got that too

16 (d) Reflectors meeting the requirements of RCW 46.37.525;

Guess I'll steal the reflectors off my daughters bike

17 (e) Brakes meeting the requirements of RCW 46.37.527, 46.37.528,

18 and 46.37.529;

We can stop faster than most streetbikes

19 (f) A mirror on both the left and right handlebar meeting the

20 requirements of RCW 46.37.530;

Got some fold-up cheap ones from Fred Meyers...

21 (g) A windshield meeting the requirements of RCW 46.37.530, unless

22 the driver wears glasses, goggles, or a face shield while operating the

23 motorcycle, of a type conforming to rules adopted by the state patrol;

Tear-offs on the freeway....

24 (h) A horn or warning device meeting the requirements of RCW

25 46.37.380;

Squeeze horn work or is there a dB requirement?

26 (i) Tires meeting the requirements of RCW 46.37.420 and 46.37.425;

Anyone have a grinder that I can remove the NOT FOR HIGHWAY USE????

27 (j) Turn signals meeting the requirements of RCW 46.37.200; and

sicassracing.com makes some nice low profile ones... on the bucket list

28 (k) Fenders adequate for minimizing the spray or splash of water,

29 rocks, or mud from the roadway. Fenders must be as wide as the tires

30 behind which they are mounted and extend downward at least half way to

31 the center of the axle.

WHAT??? You want me to extend a mud-flap down the back of my bike to flop around like crazy and most likely, get ripped off the minute I hit the trails?

I see a new niche market for WA residents! I envision monikors such as "Bent Over By Gregoire" "Screwed by WA Gov"

Well..there is the list found. Don't forget dealer safety inspections by paying off the mechanic with some beer.

Don't forget dealer safety inspections by paying off the mechanic with some beer.

this is all I (or DOL) need to know. :thumbsup:

If there is no liability on the dealer, and there should not be as you can undo the mods as you like after you leave, this should be EZ if your in good with your dealer which many of us are. So really they should hand out pates like candy and it is up to you to be legal or not and get a ticket.

It's a lost title situation.

Send me pics and price. :thumbsup:

Considering what they have put us through the last couple years these are just a minor issues in my book to get past. Now, wheres a good park and ride or parking place where I can unload my husky in Cle Elum? Thats a bigger issue- lol. When are we gonna have a "dual sport" poker run through Ronald ending up at old no 9 for beers is what I want to know.:thumbsup:

So this is what was read....

Easy enough...already have mine

ok, not a problem

covered

got that too

Guess I'll steal the reflectors off my daughters bike

We can stop faster than most streetbikes

Got some fold-up cheap ones from Fred Meyers...

Tear-offs on the freeway....

Squeeze horn work or is there a dB requirement?

Anyone have a grinder that I can remove the NOT FOR HIGHWAY USE????

sicassracing.com makes some nice low profile ones... on the bucket list

WHAT??? You want me to extend a mud-flap down the back of my bike to flop around like crazy and most likely, get ripped off the minute I hit the trails?

I see a new niche market for WA residents! I envision monikors such as "Bent Over By Gregoire" "Screwed by WA Gov"

Well..there is the list found. Don't forget dealer safety inspections by paying off the mechanic with some beer.

RCW says HALFWAY down to the axle. i would guess most dualsports that come street legal have the rear fender that drops halfway to the axle right now.

Joe

Considering what they have put us through the last couple years these are just a minor issues in my book to get past. Now, wheres a good park and ride or parking place where I can unload my husky in Cle Elum? Thats a bigger issue- lol. When are we gonna have a "dual sport" poker run through Ronald ending up at old no 9 for beers is what I want to know.:thumbsup:

Funny.....This reminds me of back in 96 when my buddy bought a KTM400 LC4

Dual sport and I bought a 620 LC4. We took them to CleEllem and rode just like the good days.

Finally towards the end of our day After beers at "The old #3" tavern we got stopped by the cops and were informed that these areas were closed to dirt bikes. My smarts assed friend told the cop that we would let him know if we saw any.:confused: that guy about shit himself when he saw our plates.

Good times

BTW the Old #3 is gone, Burnt down a few years back.... Sad Times

Edited by bigdrtrdr
update
Send me pics and price. :thumbsup:

Roger that!

Funny.....This reminds me of back in 96 when my buddy bought a KTM400 LC4

Dual sport and I bought a 620 LC4. We took them to CleEllem and rode just like the good days.

Finally towards the end of our day After beers at "The old #3" tavern we got stopped by the cops and were informed that these areas were closed to dirt bikes. My smarts assed friend told the cop that we would let him know if we saw any.:thumbsup: that guy about shit himself when he saw our plates.

Good times

BTW the Old #3 is gone, Burnt down a few years back.... Sad Times

Yup...I was in cle elum mtn biking just this last sunday and saw two street legal ktm 450's zippin around number 5 area. Cle elum is going to be reopen for riding as of jan 1st 2012 i suspect:busted:

RCW says HALFWAY down to the axle. i would guess most dualsports that come street legal have the rear fender that drops halfway to the axle right now.

Joe

I know most KTM DS bikes have the plate holder attached under the fender but does it reach 1/2 way down to the rear axle? Pretty sure my european style plate holder doesn't stretch that far.

Ride hit it on the money. Once inspected by your favorite dealer, it'll be up to us to keep it in compliance with the LEO's.

I know most KTM DS bikes have the plate holder attached under the fender but does it reach 1/2 way down to the rear axle? Pretty sure my european style plate holder doesn't stretch that far.

Ride hit it on the money. Once inspected by your favorite dealer, it'll be up to us to keep it in compliance with the LEO's.

Where is the measurement going to be taken from? Halfway from the top of the tire to the axle or some other frame of reference?

Where is the measurement going to be taken from? Halfway from the top of the tire to the axle or some other frame of reference?

State ambiguity as usual....

This whole thing is going to turn into a "who you know" type deal.

I have already been told that if i have an issue my dealer will sign my bike off without even looking at it.

The cops don't enforce the current laws on street bikes, why would they step it up on dirt bikes.

headlight,tail/brake light, two mirrors is good enough to me.