Hi, new to the 250x forum but not to big 'H'

I recently bought an 04 crf250x to replace my crf230f which in turn replaced a crf450x:lol:

I've never done MX despite my username (it was my sons account about 10 years ago when he raced MX) and i usually answer to the name 'scotsy' on all other forums.

I bought a rather neglected 250x a couple of weeks ago and have been busy in the garage doing a stripdown and servicing some items along the way.

The plastics were in bad condition and tatty, no back light (wiring chopped), no horn, rear linkage seized, etc etc.

I've cleaned and regreased (or replaced) and lubed anything that moves and had the cam out to reshim the 3 shims that were out of spec.

Also changed all fluids (oils, oil filter, coolant, both brake fluids)

I'll be re-routing the front brake line behind the fork leg after the MOT test :thumbsup:

I have had to sort out the lights and a horn as well as fitting a registration plate for the MOT test to enable me to put it back on the road. I have therefore fitted the SM wheels from our crf450r because they have road legal tyres fitted for the MOT test then i will reinstall the knobblies with mooses (not road legal in the UK) for trail use.

These wheels are Talon hubs with Excel rims with a 310mm front disc, i also have a 4 piston 'braking' caliper but decided to just use the Talon 'spacer bracket' to keep the OEM caliper for now.

I ordered a set of Acerbis plastics but after waiting a week before phoning the supplier i was told they couldn't get them so i got the Polisport ones instead. I found some Worx graphics just like i had on my 450x but already the edges are lifting a little:banghead: that's why they were cheap:busted:

Anyway.here's a pic of it taken today, next time you see it it'll be wearing knobblies and probably covered in sh1te:p

Ian :confused: (scotsy)

250XSM.jpg

That thing is SHARP! Welcome!

nice looking bike scotty,welcome

Love the wheels

i cant wait to see the picks with the knobbies on it,for some reason i just think dirtbikes look neutered with the motard set up...no offence meant just my MHO

Sweet looking Bike Scotsy. Nice restoration. Do you have access to decent trails?