Sign in to follow this  

Deal? 1980 YZ 250

I found a 1980 YZ 250 for $600. Looks to be in decent shape. Guys says it fires up and runs great but after sitting a week or so has to be push started. That sounds funny but it's old so I assume it all needs a rebuild.

I'm asking for more pics and info as the guy lives just under an hour away. I'm thinking of offering $400. Not sure if I'll ride / race it or clean it up and re-sell it.

What are your thoughts? Good value?

3nd3k23mb5V65O35X4b58a9764e6fcb2d1309.jpg

The push start issue might be as simple as the spark plug needs to be replaced/regapped. But it's probably not that simple and I'd expect to give the carb a good scrubbing.

It looks nice enough in the photos to check out, $600 seems like a fair price, so does $400 since the market has taken a dump.

You will not make any money on it. In fact, you might have a hard time selling it. At least that's how it is in my area. I'm seeing more and more really awesome condition machines going for peanuts and still not selling (because I only have so much space and so much money)

go for it!!! if it runs it would be perfect for vintage racing!!! (you wouldn't have to build a bike from scratch more-or-less)

I would have already bought it and put it in a "look what I got" thread. They are hard to find for less than $800 and I have been looking for a coulple years. They 81 was a one year only bike. It seems like the guy doesn't know what he has.

• Like 1