Questions for 2011 National MX Series???

A few things are unclear to me going into the 2011 MX season. Anybody have the answer or maybe a clue what is going on? Obviously these ??? are putting my 2011 MX pickems chase for the championship in dire straights! :confused:

1) Alessi and Short are without a doubt two of the best starters in MX. Will either one of them be on the KTM 450 or are they still racing on the 350 where they can loose every uphill and straight away drag race when it comes to horsepower?

2) Will Bret Metcalf be racing with team Suzuki or is he still "taking a rest", leaving Dungey all alone in the truck?

3) Josh Grant...WTH! Is he ever coming back?

4) Will Canard be ready by the opening round at Hangtown? After seeing him on crutches at Vegas, it doesn't appear so....

5) CR22 racing on a TwoTwo Motorsports bike with Honda support or is he on a Factory Honda bike??? Something tells me that with Canard and Grant out, even if CR22 is on a TwoTwo bike, it will pretty much be a full out "factory" bike none the less....

6) Who the hell was the European dude that was supposed to come here and race the Nationals on a KTM in the premier class? Has he dropped off the face of the planet because I can't even remember his name!?!? Musquin???

7) If JS7 comes out and wins any of the overall's of the first 4 races (which he states he is riding), will he then race the whole series in hopes of erasing a dismal (for him) SX series?

8) Will JLaw ever grace us with his arrogant ass again or is he still in the county pokey?

9) Will Aron Bates be dropping any rocks in Bam Bam's starting line this year?

10) Will Dungey have as dismal of a National season as he did a SX season (for a defending champ)?

11) Who do you think will win the Lites class???

12) Who do you think will win the Premier class???

?

A few things are unclear to me going into the 2011 MX season. Anybody have the answer or maybe a clue what is going on? Obviously these ??? are putting my 2011 MX pickems chase for the championship in dire straights! :confused:

1) Alessi and Short are without a doubt two of the best starters in MX. Will either one of them be on the KTM 450 or are they still racing on the 350 where they can loose every uphill and straight away drag race when it comes to horsepower?

I heard Alessi on 450, Short on 350, but who knows...

2) Will Bret Metcalf be racing with team Suzuki or is he still "taking a rest", leaving Dungey all alone in the truck?

Supposedly back for Outdoors. Racerx injury report says he's been on the bike and testing.

missing the first couple of rounds

4) Will Canard be ready by the opening round at Hangtown? After seeing him on crutches at Vegas, it doesn't appear so....

probably not

5) CR22 racing on a TwoTwo Motorsports bike with Honda support or is he on a Factory Honda bike??? Something tells me that with Canard and Grant out, even if CR22 is on a TwoTwo bike, it will pretty much be a full out "factory" bike none the less....

Windham is Honda's fill-in

6) Who the hell was the European dude that was supposed to come here and race the Nationals on a KTM in the premier class? Has he dropped off the face of the planet because I can't even remember his name!?!? Musquin???

He's racing outdoors on a 250

7) If JS7 comes out and wins any of the overall's of the first 4 races (which he states he is riding), will he then race the whole series in hopes of erasing a dismal (for him) SX series?

My only guess is no outdoors for Stewart

8) Will JLaw ever grace us with his arrogant ass again or is he still in the county pokey?

He was supposed to race a few SX rounds on a 450... Does anyone care anymore?

lol

10) Will Dungey have as dismal of a National season as he did a SX season (for a defending champ)?

I bet he and Poto will battle all season

Tomac

Dungey or Villopoto

?

A few things are unclear to me going into the 2011 MX season. Anybody have the answer or maybe a clue what is going on? Obviously these ??? are putting my 2011 MX pickems chase for the championship in dire straights! :moon:

:confused:

Geez Husky! That's a lot o questions for a Monday!! ?

1. I recall reading the Alessi was already on and testing his 450SX.

2. :worthy:

3. :busted:

4. It doesn't look good at all. I hear it's about 6 weeks or so still, but that seems like it would be pushing it.

5. Say hello to the Factory Honda Two Two Motorsports Team

6. Marvin - ? He might be back, but once they start racing the FIM over in Europe, we would be lucky to see a 1 off or 2 from him. I'd rather see Cariolli come over and get his butt handed to him. :moon:

7. After the get off in LV, who knows??

8. If he came back, at least Snake would be happy!! Me too actually, that kid has flashes of brilliance sometimes!

9. One could only dream!! ?

10. The occassional podium and maybe 1 win to prove he was Chad Reed champion and only won when the best weren't there for the whole season! (Bring it haters!!) ?

11. Barcia will be all too tough to beat. Tomac will be a tight second for the overall with a few wins of his own. The Pro Circuit boys (Wilson mostly) will be about the only competition.

12. All things being equal and if everyone stays healthy - it's RV's year. He really shines outdoors! ?

There you have it! I was bored at work and thought I would contribute!! :moon:

Alessi 450 and Short 350 for sure. Roger said they could choose but there was no switching after that. They have to run their pick the whole season. Short said the 350 got all the development and work and the 450 kinda got left behind. I think Mike wants the 450 for a change up. He had a dismall 2010 outdoor season on the 350 and would probably be glad to try something different.

Havent heard.

Josh said at the dealer signing on Friday that he will be released to ride at HiPoint. Sounds like it could be later.

No. Trey said on Friday he can't ride for at least 5 more weeks.

Probably just like the last 2 supercross rounds on factory equipment but in his truck with his people plus the Honda guys helping too. The bike at Vegas still had a PC pipe but had the factory team trademark red hubs. I would think the motor and ignition are full factory. The forks had the PC stickers on them, but the Honda/Showa suspension guy was doing all the tuning on them. Windham has had the same deal the last 2 weeks and could end up doing some nationals too.

Marvin Musquin. He could be very good. But usually the Euro's choke in the US. Rockzen and Pourcell are obvious exceptions.

Sounds like Yamaha won't give him the support and bonuses he wants so he said screw it. I wouldnt look for him to be out there.

He might show and he might not show. I doubt we will know until the gate drops at Hangtown. Supposedly he is with the Arma/Suzuki City Team.

Doubt it! I'm sure the Rock got that deal all squared away. She might shake her jugs around a little bit though.

I think he will be top 3 outdoors.

Barcia has gotta be my pick. But Tomac will be very good too in his 2nd season outdoors.

Not even gonna touch that one.

?

6. Marvin - ? He might be back, but once they start racing the FIM over in Europe, we would be lucky to see a 1 off or 2 from him.

Don't people read anything? Musquin is riding full time with Factory KTM in the US this year. And the GP's have already started.

Marvin Musquin. He could be very good. But usually the Euro's choke in the US. Rockzen and Pourcell are obvious exceptions.

Yeah - JMB, Vuillemin, Langston, Townley, Pourcel, Roczen, Rattray - they all choked.

Alessi on the 450, Short on the 350.

Decided not to finish the SX series so he could recover and be ready for the outdoors.

Who knows?

Nope, latest I heard was round 4 or 5 perhaps.

I think probably the same as the last few SX rounds, he will maintain his own team but with virtually full Honda factory support.

Recovering from knee injury suffered during preparation for the SX season, he will be at the Nationals (actually I read that he will be riding the USGP in preparation).

???

Does anyone care?

Ha! (ps it's "Erin").

While he may still win, I think there will be similarities i.e. he won't dominate, there will be other riders in the mix with him - RV, Reed, Pourcel, Canard.

My heart says Musquin, head says with this many contenders it's a lottery.

Head says Villopoto, heart says Reed.

Yeah - JMB, Vuillemin, Langston, Townley, Pourcel, Roczen, Rattray - they all choked.

JMB - You got that right. Probably one of the most talented to ever come from across the pond.?

Langston - Was a big fan of his heart and determination. Awesome rider cut short by a terrible injury he never really overcame.:busted:

Townley - Could have been great but injury after injury took its toll.:worthy:

Roczen - Time will tell but looks very promising. :confused:

Rattray - Same as Roczen. Strong rider though and I think a favorite in the lites nationals this year. ?

Vuillemin - I'm just gonna pretend you never even said that name! :moon:

JMB - You got that right. Probably one of the most talented to ever come from across the pond.?

Langston - Was a big fan of his heart and determination. Awesome rider cut short by a terrible injury he never really overcame.:busted:

Townley - Could have been great but injury after injury took its toll.:worthy:

Roczen - Time will tell but looks very promising. :confused:

Rattray - Same as Roczen. Strong rider though and I think a favorite in the lites nationals this year. ?

Vuillemin - I'm just gonna pretend you never even said that name! :moon:

Langston - won everything in the US except 450 SX

Townley - granted probably didn't achieve his full potential but still won 125SX title and pushed RV all the way to the wire in the outdoors.

I'll give you Rattray and Vuillemin - didn't win any titles (yet) but hardly chokers (Vuillemin won his share of SX races against MC and RC).

I'll also add Albertyn to that list.

It makes me laugh when people claim that GP riders can't cut it in the US, when every World Champion in the last 20 years who's moved to the US fulltime has won races and the vast majority have won at least one major title.

Don't people read anything? Musquin is riding full time with Factory KTM in the US this year. And the GP's have already started.

langston/rattray southafricans and townley from newzealand!

jmb/vuillemin/pourcel/musquin all from france.

only god roczen is from europe but not france; he is german

Does anyone care?

Yes alot of people care or his name wouldn't still be being brought up after like 2 years of pretty much not racing. I heard he was signed to that Suzuki city team that Malcom Stewarts on but haven't seen anything official.

Why should I read anything other than a TT forum?? Isn't this the place to find all info? :confused:

I can't wait for the real racing to begin!! ?

South Africa and New Zealand is not in europe. ?

South Africa and New Zealand is not in europe. :confused:

Yeah I know, I kind of assumed that when he said "Euro" he meant GP riders.

After all, if it's not in the US then the only other place is Europe, right? ?

we are in no way in any manner associated with europe, that statement is just a slap in the face. lol.

Go ratters. ftw.

Yeah I know, I kind of assumed that when he said "Euro" he meant GP riders.

After all, if it's not in the US then the only other place is Europe, right? ?

Justin Barcia

Ryan Dungey

I can't wait to see how the outdoors play out. If it's anything like the Supercross series.... :moon::busted:???:confused:? ;) :worthy: