Sign in to follow this  

Value of 1989 XT350?

As you might can tell, I'm trying to find the value of a 1989 Yamaha XT 350 that I'm thinking about selling. The bike has less than 5,000 miles on it and is in great shape cosmetically. All original, all lights work, etc. It needs new tires/battery and I'm suspecting the need to rebuild/clean the carb (hasn't been ran in a couple of years).

Anyway, what do you think it might be worth?

As you might can tell, I'm trying to find the value of a 1989 Yamaha XT 350 that I'm thinking about selling. The bike has less than 5,000 miles on it and is in great shape cosmetically. All original, all lights work, etc. It needs new tires/battery and I'm suspecting the need to rebuild/clean the carb (hasn't been ran in a couple of years).

Anyway, what do you think it might be worth?

Probably right around a thousand dollars.

I've been looking for something just like this and people are asking anywhere from 1000-1500. To me, it's worth 800-1000 if I have to clean the carbs, tires and a battery.

Too bad you are not closer to Philly.

Junior

Thanks everybody...that's about what I was thinking. Might just get it running, put tires and a battery on it and sell it. And sure, $50 sounds great! Just don't forget to add the $950 transaction fee lol

Thanks everybody...that's about what I was thinking. Might just get it running, put tires and a battery on it and sell it. And sure, $50 sounds great! Just don't forget to add the $950 transaction fee lol

:thumbsup:

That's highway robbery!

As gas gets near 5 bucks a gallon this summer,i'd bet you could get 2000. out of it.:confused::thumbsup:

It doesn't actually need battery that holds a charge. My battery holds a charge for all of 10 min. It runs a few lights when the bike isn't running, but they work fine once started. I can see wanting a new one as a selling point though. If you gave trouble getting it going, it may need new intake boots. they rot out over time. Visit the Yamaha Dual sport sub forum for lots of XT350 info.

BTW, I agree with the price once you get it going.