Sign in to follow this  

Tall bars for Tall Riders

I'm a 6'8" rider, I want to get some new bars, anyone have any suggestions as to what the tallest bar would be, I already got 2" risers.

I'm a 6'8" rider, I want to get some new bars, anyone have any suggestions as to what the tallest bar would be, I already got 2" risers.

Holy Crud, 6'8"!! Ape Hangers? Good luck on bars.

Jim

Ric schmidts - yah that 7'4" ex NBA center rides competitive events around Indiana. from what I understand he looks like a guy riding his kids 85! wonder what bars he uses?

I'm 6'-6" and the best tall guy bars are the Renthal RC High. Avoid the Pastrana FMX bars as they are cut very narrow.

I'm 6'-6" and the best tall guy bars are the Renthal RC High. Avoid the Pastrana FMX bars as they are cut very narrow.

unless you cut your bars down for the woods. which a lot of us do.

a lot of the atv bars have more rise as well. i've met a few guys that run them on 2 wheel machines.

rise up to high and you will have throttle cable length issues. Not like I ever have any length issues, but it could happen.

BTW I run RC high on my suzuki, made riding standing up alot better!

Hmm, well my risers aren't for fat bars so I need the regular sized ones, I've been looking for the RC high but I can't find them? Its weird.

Go to protaper, pretty sure I remeber seeing the rc highs there. Also they have a great readout showing all the differnt dimension of different bars. By the way I'm 6'4, have had KTM bars on my YZ but probably fixing to get a RC high

I'm 6'1" and I have the CR high bars and they are a little lower than I'd like. If I did it over again I'd get the Windham bars

Windham or CR High is the way to go for us taller riders. They are taller and not swept back as much as other bends. I'm 6'4" and run Windham bend.

Windham or CR High is the way to go for us taller riders. They are taller and not swept back as much as other bends. I'm 6'4" and run Windham bend.

The Windham and the CR High are not very tall bars, and the CR Highs have a lot of sweep. At 6'-4", the Renthal RC High is probably better suited to you.

The Windham and the CR High are not very tall bars, and the CR Highs have a lot of sweep. At 6'-4", the Renthal RC High is probably better suited to you.

I run Pro Taper Evo bars...the Windham bend is the tallest and second least swept back of the bunch.

Now, the Windham bend for Renthals is indeed shorter and more swept.

PT: Height - 3.90" Sweep - 2.13"

Ren: Height - 3.62" Sweep - 2.24"

The Renthal Ricky Carmichael bend is nearly identical to the Pro Taper Windham bend. I'm only seeing the RC High bend in Renthal Fat bars which doesn't work for him since he said he needs 7/8". Might try that bend next time...over half an inch taller with the same sweep as my current bars :smirk:

I run Pro Taper Evo bars...the Windham bend is the tallest and second least swept back of the bunch.

Now, the Windham bend for Renthals is indeed shorter and more swept.

PT: Height - 3.90" Sweep - 2.13"

Ren: Height - 3.62" Sweep - 2.24"

The Renthal Ricky Carmichael bend is nearly identical to the Pro Taper Windham bend. I'm only seeing the RC High bend in Renthal Fat bars which doesn't work for him since he said he needs 7/8". Might try that bend next time...over half an inch taller with the same sweep as my current bars :smirk:

The 7/8" RC Highs are available in the Tucker Rocky and Parts Unlimited catalogs. http://shop.thumpertalk.com/catalogs/Tucker_Rocky_Offroad_2010/default.asp?p=122

The Pro Taper Contour ATV high is the same as the pastrana fmx bend but is an inch wider.

They are both 4.75 rise x 2.17 sweep. The FMX is 30.50 wide and the atv high is 31.50. I am 6'7 and run the ATV High with risers and aftermarket triple clamp on my XR650R. Rocky mountain has a great handlebar chart. http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/handlebarinfo.do

Their chart is pretty good but there's an error on the RC High info. The RC Highs are 119mm (3.69") tall with 54mm (2.13") sweep, which makes it slightly straighter than the Pro Taper ATV high and Pastrana FMX. The straighter the better when you are tall. The FMX is way too narrow for a tall guy that doesn't ride in tight trees.