Sign in to follow this  

Folding gear shift lever 230F one on 230L model

Hi, I just bought a 2009 Honda 230L YAY!

One thing I dont' like about it already is the gear shift lever.

It does NOT fold like my husbands 230F lever does. We trail ride and I fall alot, so I want the 230F folding gear shift lever on my L model. From the posts I have read the 230F one will fit the L. Is this correct? Also here are my part numbers Honda OEM #2811506 for gear lever and 719643 bolt, flange. Are these the only parts I need to make the switch in levers? Does anyone know if these are the correct numbers?

I found them on the Bike Bandit site. Has anyone actually done what I am proposing to do? Just wanted to confirm with you folks before I order. Thank you for your help.

It does NOT fold like my husbands 230F lever does. We trail ride and I fall alot, so I want the 230F folding gear shift lever on my L model. .

One of the first changes I did to my F was replace the crapy OEM folding shift lever with an after market model and saw off the brake lever and weld on an after market folding model.

It does NOT fold like my husbands 230F lever does. We trail ride and I fall alot, so I want the 230F folding gear shift lever on my L model. From the posts I have read the 230F one will fit the L. Is this correct? Also here are my part numbers Honda OEM #2811506 for gear lever and 719643 bolt, flange. Are these the only parts I need to make the switch in levers? Does anyone know if these are the correct numbers?

I found them on the Bike Bandit site. Has anyone actually done what I am proposing to do? Just wanted to confirm with you folks before I order. Thank you for your help.

Yes, you can use a 230F shifter according to this thread http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=495984

One of the first changes I did to my F was replace the crapy OEM folding shift lever with an after market model and saw off the brake lever and weld on an after market folding model.

Cool

This aftermarket lever is about 3/4 inch longer. Much better fitting the wife's MX boot.

74aa04cb.jpg

She also loves the feel of the new shorty clutch lever.....much better control.

d52a9812.jpg

Who makes the shorty clutch lever you put on your wifes bike? Also if you have the part number for it that would be great.

Tom