help with figuring out which forks

I am putting new seals in a set of forks for a 98 RMX250. The forks that are on it are not the stock conventional but inverted ones. I thought that maybe someone took a set off a RM 250 but I don't know for sure. My 02 RM forks are 46mm for the inner tube on the bottom and the RMX has 45mm inner fork tubes on it. Anybody know how I can figure out which forks these are? These forks are not twin chamber and have a 30mm "bolt" on the top cap to remove it. The top tube is 54mm for the top clamp and the bottom clamp area is 57mm.

What about reference number from the seal. If I take it apart, does anyone know how to cross reference the numbers on the seal to match it to something? I would still have the oil level problem to figure out though. But if I can guess which bikes it fits, I might be able to guess the oil level from the ones it fits.

I can only come up with two fork designs that used 45mm tubes: 89-91 Honda CR125, 250 and 500 (Showa) and 91-93 Suzuki RM125, 250 (Showa). The RMXs of the same 91-93 era might have used 45s, but I am not too sure on that. Kayaba never used a 45mm tube. No clue if WP ever used 45s.

The Suzuki Showas had adjustable rebound clickers on the fork caps. The Honda forks did not have adjustable rebound, so no clickers located on the caps. I THINK the oil seals are the same between the two configurations. Good luck if you need bushings.

I can only come up with two fork designs that used 45mm tubes: 89-91 Honda CR125, 250 and 500 (Showa) and 91-93 Suzuki RM125, 250 (Showa). The RMXs of the same 91-93 era might have used 45s, but I am not too sure on that. Kayaba never used a 45mm tube. No clue if WP ever used 45s.

The Suzuki Showas had adjustable rebound clickers on the fork caps. The Honda forks did not have adjustable rebound, so no clickers located on the caps. I THINK the oil seals are the same between the two configurations. Good luck if you need bushings.

Thanks for the info!! I think from the diagrams I looked at they are 93 125 forks. They seem to match up the best. Now to start another thread to get some measurements. Thanks again!!