Sign in to follow this  

throttle plate upside down

as the title said I found the throttle plate was upside down :confused:

I did it, its my fault, I'm the knuckle head :thumbsup::worthy: that had the carb apart last summer when I rebuilt the top end. Could this be the source of my intermittent hanging idle? Thanks for the link last week Krannie. I decided to go ahead and pull off the carb for a good cleaning and that's when I found I had installed it upside down.

Also found a small piece of dirt in the fairly new pilot jet. Anyone use a fuel filter in conjunction with the stock in-tank filter?

as the title said I found the throttle plate was upside down :confused:

I did it, its my fault, I'm the knuckle head :thumbsup::worthy: that had the carb apart last summer when I rebuilt the top end. Could this be the source of my intermittent hanging idle? Thanks for the link last week Krannie. I decided to go ahead and pull off the carb for a good cleaning and that's when I found I had installed it upside down.

Also found a small piece of dirt in the fairly new pilot jet. Anyone use a fuel filter in conjunction with the stock in-tank filter?

BTDT

Yes, fuel filter good. Especially if you use a dry break filler!!

filter90deg.jpg

BTDT

Yes, fuel filter good. Especially if you use a dry break filler!!

filter90deg.jpg

What brand do you recommend? Last one I bought at cycle gear fell in half before I could use it. Never bought another.

AMAZING HOW MUCH BETTER IT RUNS WHEN ITS PUT TOGETHER CORRECTLY. Got it back together last night and it started right up but the idle was to the moon, must have taken two turns out of the adjuster. But then it settled right down to a PERFECT idle. Hasn't done that in a LONG time. It may have been this way since I installed the JD kit, meaning its never really been right. Right now I have the air screw at 1.5 turns out and it feels just about perfect but that's in the garage on the stand. Can't wait to get it out and fiddle with it now. Sure will be nice to have a bike that idles consistently.

Think I'll pick up a fuel filter today along with a couple other things I need.

I did the same thing to my 450 EXC, it runs weird. took me forever to realize that I was the moron who was the cause.

It may have been this way since I installed the JD kit, meaning its never really been right.

You're not alone....when I re-jetted with the JD kit, I did'nt realize that I re-installed the stock main jet. I'm sure that helped lead to the early death of my intake valves. The bike runs just a bit better now with a fresh ASRacing head....and the correct main jet. :thumbsup:

Thanks guys, don't feel as dumb as I did.:worthy: I rode the bike around the neighborhood for a bit last night. WOW, so much smoother.:thumbsup: I can pull up to a stop sign and leave it in gear and the Rekluse doesn't lurch like it used to. Can't wait to get it out on the trail. Unfortunately family commitments will keep it in the garage until next month. But then it will be two or three day at Isabella for a Team Dual Dogs dual sport! :confused: