Sign in to follow this  

NewYork Anyone recommend good large (cheap) dealer around NY

Does anybody know of any dealers relatively close (within 3-4 hours) of Albany new york area that sell kawis? Looking to pay cash for a 2011 kx250f out of state to avoid tax, and CT dealers must charge tax from what i understand. The best quote i've gotten so far is 5765 OTD.

Use a friends/relative name and adress out of state, and buy from NY dealer >>>you can never register title in NYS even if you buy in VT or NJ or wherever cuz when you do NYS will then charge you the tax (even yrs later )

SO either way dont put title in your name in NYS

Its an mx bike, i really dont see the need to ever title it? Every bike i've ever owned (used ones, this will be my first new) have only had certificates of origins. My friend bought a new yz450 in NYS from troy city and they tried to charge him an extra 75 bucks for title or whatever and he said he didnt want it titled because its not even close to road legal anyways. Whats the point of titling it if it just says for off road use only? An out of state relative does no good unless they walk in and pick up the bike and then just sign the certificate of origin over to me. Already asked if my paernts in dallas could buy and me pick it up ( me send them the money then they send it to dealer) was a no go.

Ronnies is 10 bucks cheaper believe it or not, not sure if this is like a one time thing because I said i would be in and pay cash this week or what. Think i'm just giong to end up going there friday and picking one up. Most of the dealers I talked to today said I must be lying because theres no way somebody could get me out the door for that since its less then cost. I'm sure all dealers costs are different due to how many units they move.

Just know that from what I hear if you buy a bike out of state, a year or two from now, you will get a bill from the IRS for the amount of sales tax that was due. I have heard this from many people as I was looking into doing the same thing you are. I did some research and talked to some people and that is the feedback I got. The manufacturers have to report their sales and it is cross referenced by the IRS. If you buy out of state they will catch up to you and send you a bill. Would totally suck to have to pay money for a bike you might not still own.

Just know that from what I hear if you buy a bike out of state, a year or two from now, you will get a bill from the IRS for the amount of sales tax that was due. I have heard this from many people as I was looking into doing the same thing you are. I did some research and talked to some people and that is the feedback I got. The manufacturers have to report their sales and it is cross referenced by the IRS. If you buy out of state they will catch up to you and send you a bill. Would totally suck to have to pay money for a bike you might not still own.

I doubt it Ike, sales tax is due from the state not the feds. Plenty, I meant plenty of people go out of state to buy. If the state you purchased in develops a reciprocal tax agreement with the state you live in you may get the bill.

Bought from Ronnies yesterday, bike is awsome. Thanks for the clarification dave.

Which one? Haha, I sold the 250 that i was riding last summer. To make a long story short All of a sudden after 50 hours it decided it wanted to eat spark plugs. TWo heads and a cylinder, crank, main bearings, seals, stator, flywheel, and the nice 30 dollar plug kawi calls for with the proper squish running 93 with a nice golden brown plug it would run awsome for anything less then 15 minutes. After around the15 minute mark it would break the spark plug electrode and then trash the head and piston. Rebuilt it like four times before giving up. I have the 2005 kx125 that i paid 900 bucks for a month or so ago that I was riding up at hickory. I love that bike!