No spark

Hi there-

Has anyone taken a timing light and connected it to their bike just to verify

you have spark? I am having loads of trouble trying to get my 05' 450R to start.

Valves are great I believe it is timed correctly (have you seen the pix on timing these things?). I just connected my good ol' timing light on the spark plug wire and I see no light. I remove the spark plug put it on my pressure washer, connected the timing light to it and I have spark.

The coil is new and so is the CDI. Hadn't had the bike running since December. Yes I cleaned the carb and it has new gas. Just doesn't light a timing light. BTW, you'll need an external 12V battery to make it work.

Has anyone tried this?

Thanks

Bruce

I'v had a stator go bad before unplug the kill switch to make sure its not that and check all this with a meter and yes you can use a timing light

stator blue and white wires should be 9-25 ohms...

blue/yellow and green wires should be 180-280 ohms

hit the bolt on the coil where it grounds out and in the cap..

that should be 9-16k ohms

pull the cap and test the wire itself... (just unscrews)

should be 0.1-0.3 ohms

follow all wires from the cdi box down to the plug in to the carb,stator,kill switch and make sure you have conectivity through all

I'v had a stator go bad before unplug the kill switch to make sure its not that and check all this with a meter and yes you can use a timing light

stator blue and white wires should be 9-25 ohms...

blue/yellow and green wires should be 180-280 ohms

hit the bolt on the coil where it grounds out and in the cap..

that should be 9-16k ohms

pull the cap and test the wire itself... (just unscrews)

should be 0.1-0.3 ohms

follow all wires from the cdi box down to the plug in to the carb,stator,kill switch and make sure you have conectivity through all

I ever have a stator with everything in spec, but bad, you should also check the voltage peak

my buddy ran the wires for the stator wrong and pinched the wires and it went to ground where it clamps on the inside the case I had to cut the wire and resolder it back on the stator so inspect that if you had it off too