Sign in to follow this  

Tall riders unite !

Damn, you almost look like a regular guy on a pit bike.

I got a friend that's 6'5" barefoot. In the woods he just puts his foot down and wheelies the bike around corners. He makes his 450 looks like a toy.

6'4" here also

It sucks.

You can raise the bars, cant change the footpegs, raising the seat. It throws everything off.

If you're just strolling around in the woods those mods would be perrfect but when youre racing you cant do too many mods.

It sucks.

You can raise the bars, cant change the footpegs, raising the seat. It throws everything off.

If you're just strolling around in the woods those mods would be perrfect but when youre racing you cant do too many mods.

Other then a set of bar risers and CR high bends there isnt much. You should see me when i ride my Hodakas, can hardly tell theres even a bike under me. My best friend is 7 ft flat, boy does he make a bike look small but I've seen him pull off some incredible saves thanks to his length.

So I'm not alone. I'm 6' 4 too. but the bikes still stock and no mods to make it taller in bars or seat.

Other then a set of bar risers and CR high bends there isnt much.

The CR High bars are some of the worst available for tall guys because they have way too much sweep, which makes the transition from sitting to standing more difficult, and they aren't very tall either. Tall guys need straighter bars with very little sweep and the best tall guy bars are Renthal RC Highs. They are 119mm tall with a minimal 54mm sweep. You won't find a taller, straighter bar.

6'4 230 before gear here as well... I feel bad for my poor little 125 but its too fun to get rid of, I prefer pro taper evo windham bend with no risers. Top ends only last me 15 hrs, because Im afraid Ill fry one if I push it any further on it with my fat ass putting all that load on it.

30534_390010964997_751204997_4076202_5850286_n.jpg

6'4 230 before gear here as well...I prefer pro taper evo windham bend with no risers.

If you like the Windham bend, you'll love the RC Highs. They have the same minimal 54mm sweep, but the RC Highs are 20mm taller.

How tall is Rick Smit from the Indiana Pacers? He hauls tail.

7'-4"

smits_300_motocross.jpg

If you like the Windham bend, you'll love the RC Highs. They have the same minimal 54mm sweep, but the RC Highs are 20mm taller.

Ill have to give em a try... almost went with em when I got new bars on my race bike but decided to stick to what I knew and was comfortable with.

6'4" here as well... and only 17 years old... I feel pretty comfortable on my rm125 with 2" bar risers and my xr200 with cr high bend bars. i'm faster than all my friends in the woods :thumbsup:

Dang, I'm short at 6'1" and 230lbs...almost dumpy compared to you giants. :thumbsup:

I'm glad someone else thinks the crhi bars suck... I prefer mini high bars.

2442620760080892107S600x600Q85.jpg

6'4" here as well... and only 17 years old...

Same, but I ride a YZ125.

I've got tall bars and a tall seat on the bike. It's not perfect but I don't really feel cramped or uncomfortable. I fit a lot better on my dad's TE450 but the 125 is way more fun to ride.