Should I go with Factory Connection ?

I spent about $600.00 last year with a local suspension guy getting a setup ( not sure what he did, new springs, valves, etc. ? )

Although Im happy, I do have some extra $$ to spend and was thinking about going with factory connection.

So my question is, although my suspension has already been modified by a local suspension guy, will I notice a difference if I get factory connection work done to it?

Im knew to suspension so sorry for the lamense terms.

i use factory connection. it depends on what you have now, is it to soft or to hard? if you like what you have now i would just leave it.

The beauty of getting it done by a local shop is just that. If you feel it could be better, call them up and let them know what you'd like changed, they should be able to hook you up with what you want for cheap since they already did it once. Second, if you use factory connection, yes any revalve after the initial one is free. But, you have to spend like 200 bucks to ship them there and then wait, and get them back. Local guy will have them back to you ina much quicker time frame. Nothing against factory connection, i've used them before and was happy with the setup.

im the oposite FC does mine the same day. send it mon have it back fri. my local guy sometimes takes 2 weeks

I gotta say I'm left scratching my head on this one. You had your suspension "done" but you don't know what was done, and yet you are happy with it. Must be nice to have dineros-galore just sitting around waiting to be torched.

Here's an idea: Send me the money and your forks and springs and Ill slap a Factory Connection sticker on 'em and you will still be happy.

i have a good idea,how many hours do you have on the suspension? when you get over 20 - 40 hours you need srevicing anyway send them to FC then they will put all new bushings and seals in.

If you have extra money to burn, FC knows exactly how much money to take, trust me. They are corporate and its truly annoying. I sent them a shock to bleed and everything was new inside from my rebuild. They said "all the seals are shot and went on and on. I would find someone else honestly.

they seem to have a reputation of replacing all wear parts regardless of condition

they seem to have a reputation of replacing all wear parts regardless of condition

Thats my experience also.

I'd replace most wear parts too if I was in their shoes. Seals and orings are more difficult to know how much wear they have and the manual usually specs replacement of these parts during rebuilds. Hard parts are usually easier to inspect.

I spent about $600.00 last year with a local suspension guy getting a setup ( not sure what he did, new springs, valves, etc. ? )

Although Im happy, I do have some extra $$ to spend and was thinking about going with factory connection.

So my question is, although my suspension has already been modified by a local suspension guy, will I notice a difference if I get factory connection work done to it?

Im knew to suspension so sorry for the lamense terms.

been doing revalves for people that had their stuff done by those guys. here's the deal: (as far as i see it) shop around first. try to go with some tuner who is close enough to go to them in person if a problem occurs. go online and do some research. talk to these tuners and find out how they will get you where you want to be. find out if they'll stand behind their work. i'm not saying that fc is bad. what i'm saying is you may need a different approach to get you happy.

if you want the best suspension period,you need to get a hold of dave j,at smart performance.my boys have used about every suspension companys set-ups and they just seem to like daves stuff the best.he is a super nice guy and very good to work with.we been racing for 14 yrs and untill we started running(and winning)on smart performance suspension,the bikes just didnt seem like they were as good as they could be.dave will get it right the first time.the oil he uses is the best oil that i have used,and our seals dont leak like some of the other set-up that we have tried.good stuff forsure!!

I never had a problem with fc. I usually get my stuff back within a week. It costs me $20 bucks to ship my forks. If I was having them do work, I would want them to replace all my wear parts.

thats true as long as you have not just replaced all wear parts, eg here is a story i heard once.

Someone payed good money for revalve and service, all wear parts replaced, they were not happy so rang and arranged for the valving to be redone(for free as per usual suspension service), FC then charged again for all wear parts. Person was not a happy bunny.

thats true as long as you have not just replaced all wear parts, eg here is a story i heard once.

Someone payed good money for revalve and service, all wear parts replaced, they were not happy so rang and arranged for the valving to be redone(for free as per usual suspension service), FC then charged again for all wear parts. Person was not a happy bunny.

How does FC know that your buddy didn't put 20 hrs on the suspension in between? They replace the wear parts to prevent the headache of having a customer come after them saying they didn't replace the wear parts.

What if the guy in your anecdote had a seal start leaking when he got his forks back the second time... My guess is he would be on the phone bitching to FC about how they didn't do their job.

If I ran a suspension shop, I would do exactly the same thing.

As he had one ride on it....but if you dont want to believe we could setup a thread of how many people have had this happen....ive seen it spoke about many times...its a tricky situation I will admit and companies can make some serious profit on consumables, one of the biggest peeves on the boards is the price you get quoted is nothing like the price you pay, but if companies quote the true price they dont get the work...

I use FC on my bike....it took them two times to get what I wanted.....but they have great customer service. I learned that you have to be very detailed when telling them what you want the suspension to do and feel like........They told me that sometimes they miss the set up....but they were great about changing the springs again and revalving it.......All I was out was shipping to them.....I would highly recommend them....

FC West is one of my customers, along with some other suspension shops who will remain nameless. FC does extremely thourough work. Some other shops just slap shims in and call it good, production line type stuff using noneducated personel tearing into your suspension.The guys at the west shop all seem to have a motorcycle education from MMI, ect.... FC did replace some fork bushings on my NEW 05 YZ 450 when they revalved it. The bike had about 2 hours on it total. I called them on it and they showed me the exact reason on my old parts of why they should be replaced. In my case, KYB whacked both slide bushings and burred the edge. When I rode the bike the next time, no more stiction. They might replace marginal wear items, but in my opinion that is better so the job wont have to be redone. I understand the whole budget thing since my money tree quit budding, but now I just save for a while longer so the job will be done completely. Would you want the guy doing the top end on your bike to slap rings only in it if the piston wasnt quite at the wear limit, not me, I replace the piston if I have the top end apart.JMO

the burring of the edges is when you remove the bush not installation, i would be very suspicious of anyone telling me kyb dont know how to install bushes, further to that you story is one we hear time and time again, not just bashing FC, if anyone told me a bike was 2 hours old i would not remove bushes and replace seals etc.

So the slide bushings get whacked on the seal side from dissambly??:bonk:Nope. Tell tale marking from the direction of instalation on the bushings showed the damage on the seal side, not the other bushing side. And, I guess KYB could be absolutely perfect with their instalation technique every time? Doubtful. Toyota makes more cars than KYB forks in a year and still has damage and recalls, so why would any suspension mfg be any different? If you want to "possibly" shortcut your suspension to save a few buck, go ahead. Bushings should be inspected every revalve even if new to look for odd wear or damage along with cleaning them thoroughly to remove any debris from break in. Dont knock a company for being overly thorough. It could be your life, right?