Sign in to follow this  

oil level

I just did my first oil change for my 07 sxf 250 that i just got. i have no manual but found that i think it takes 1.1 quarts. first is the the right amount? second.. is it bad to put to muc oil in and a put 1.1 in and i dont see the oil on the little check window. when the bike was cold or warm i added some more and only see a bit sepping around this gray thing inside.(i thought it would fill up the whole window with oil when hot) whats going on? i feel stupid!!and yes the bike is level! thanks for any replies!!:thumbsup:

I just did my first oil change for my 07 sxf 250 that i just got. i have no manual but found that i think it takes 1.1 quarts. first is the the right amount? second.. is it bad to put to muc oil in and a put 1.1 in and i dont see the oil on the little check window. when the bike was cold or warm i added some more and only see a bit sepping around this gray thing inside.(i thought it would fill up the whole window with oil when hot) whats going on? i feel stupid!!and yes the bike is level! thanks for any replies!!:thumbsup:

Personally, I don't give much credit to what the manual says for oil capacity. I simply fill her up until oil is about 1/2 to 2/3 up on the sight glass. Others may have more faith in the manual's stated capacity, but I think going off the sight glass is good enough.