Sign in to follow this  

2011 Baja 500 Rumor Thread

Ok I think its close enough to the event to start the smack down...

1) Who is this Swear-bus a.k.a Short-bus guy and will his team live up to his nick-name? :busted:

2) Will KTM throw in a top-notch team at the last minute with Rozcen added? :thumbsup: Or will they just throw in the towel? :moon:

3) Who is that other KTM team that just signed up and got 8x?

3.5) How will Honda recover from losing one of their best... RIP OX

4) Will 400x recover from the highest of highs (2nd OA at the 1000 last year), to the lowest of low's, massive crash and barely finishing the 250 before the cut-off time! :confused:

5) Will 300x have any real competition this race? Johnson, Oneal, KX 500 team, anyone.... :p

6) What happened to all those new fangled classes we were supposed to have a.k.a 400 under, or 350.5 cc under, just short of a Tequila shot size piston, or whatever they were... ...good thing we didn't rush out and get one of the shiny KTM 350's that haven't won much lately anyhow. Last minute rule changes kinda made me hungry for waffles for some reason though? :smirk:

7) New course or new direction this year, really!?!? We might actually get lost for once?!?! :worthy:

Help me out guys, been a bit boring on here lately, what else have you heard...

Edited by NewMexican
Adding more trash...

1) Who is this Swear-bus a.k.a Short-bus guy and will his team live up to his nick-name? :busted:

If "Short Bus" really is his nickname, I sure hope he lives up to it down there.

2) Will KTM throw in a top-notch team at the last minute with Rozcen added? :thumbsup: Or will they just throw in the towel? :moon:

I heard from highly credible sources that Mike Alessi has been practicing his holeshots into the wash.

3) Who is that other KTM team that just signed up and got 8x?

The world famous Kyle Abney and clown crew?

4) Will 400x recover from the highest of highs (2nd OA at the 1000 last year), to the lowest of low's, massive crash and barely finishing the 250 before the cut-off time! :confused:

SurfNRide bought a boat. Moto days are over. Cracker1 offended so many people on the internets, he's been banished from all off-road related activities in North America.

5) Will 300x have any real competition this race? Johnson, Oneal, KX 500 team, anyone.... :p

Any suitable class 30 competition is busy pretending to be class 22 competition and/or nursing broken bones.

6) What happened to all those new fangled classes we were supposed to have a.k.a 400 under, or 350.5 cc under, just short of a Tequila shot size piston, or whatever they were... ...good thing we didn't rush out and get one of the shiny KTM 350's that haven't won much lately anyhow. Last minute rule changes kinda made me hungry for waffles for some reason though? :smirk:

My money is on the 350's to get the holeshot this year. Beyond that, they have no hope. You may want to see a therapist about the hankering for waffles.

7) New course or new direction this year, really!?!? We might actually get lost for once?!?! :worthy:

2,000 laps around the local highschool track course + one spectator friendly start jump. Sal and I are totally BFF.

Cracker1 offended so many people on the internets, he's been banished from all off-road related activities in North America.

Now that right there is funny stuff. :thumbsup:

The course is returning to San Felipe for two short laps, then back to Ensenada.

And our fav Kawasaki Pro Motocrosser, turned want to be policemen, is running traffic control for this race.

Just what I heard last weekend in SF.:thumbsup:

Now that right there is funny stuff. :thumbsup:

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL !!!!! OMG this Sh%^ is great. Yes Ive been banished by the top "Internet pros". I will be racing the 500 & 1000 but im on Shitake probation and im not allowed to offend anyone or even be sarcastic for 90 days. The best part is how loud my boy louie and I were laughing about all this the other day !!!!!. cant wait to for the 500. by far the best race of the year. Scotty i love the Shitake !!! ZLT is sewing it on my drawers

Score just did the coolest thing ever

Ditto! Very COOL!!! :thumbsup:

CLASS 22

2X - Shane Esposito

1X - Kendall Norman

Ox - Colton Udall

Edited by 123BigcoopDawg576
R.I.P. Ox

this is a guy I road with on the Colorado 500, he's riding sportsman's class what the 2nd RS mean after his name? it from the Score's site?

298X Stuart Gilred-2nd RS

I heard Justin Hambleton is all healed up and racing. He is said to be pre-running on a tricycle and racing in the new trials bike class on a montesa.

Can anyone confirm??

Beers are on me Mancha! I wanna RIDE!

Interesting!

There are more trophy trucks pre-entered than all pro-moto entries classes combined.

I wonder if Sal wishes the motos would just go away altogether.

Pre Run pits start up next weekend. Check BP web site for locations.:thumbsup:

Edited by Ret09
This is not a rumor, but fact. :)

Frankly, I think the best thing Ivan can do is forget about Baja and focus on becoming an enduro champion. His career and longevity will reap much larger benefits than becoming a local Baja hero. He has a tremendous opportunity to represent Mexico and maybe move to the FIM World Enduro series. I'd give up Baja for the opportunity to ride European enduro any day...

Here is my Baja 500 preview. These are real rumors instead of fake ones (if there is a difference in such things) :smirk:

http://www.enduro360.com/2011/05/17/gone-racing/2011-score-baja-500-preview/

This is rad chilly.

Hey I think henge is on board the 2x THR Kawi....

I can't For sure "back my talk" but I think a Bobby/Espo only teAm would be underGunned. I doubt 2x will come to the line with only 2

This is rad chilly.

Hey I think henge is on board the 2x THR Kawi....

I can't For sure "back my talk" but I think a Bobby/Espo only teAm would be underGunned. I doubt 2x will come to the line with only 2

Somehow the magical wonders on 1x are capable of winning a 1,000 mile race with only two guys. <500 should be a cakewalk. Granted, Espo is no spring chicken anymore... but still one of the fastest and most experienced guys down there.

Edited by Justin Hambleton