best fitting plastics for 08

Hey, Who makes the best fitting plastics for the 08 450R?? Acerbis, UFO, Cycra?? I have decided to change the color scheme on my bike. Who makes the stock Honda plastic??

I prefer Acerbis. Seems to be the best quality and fits the best.

The best plastic by far is OEM Honda. The next best thing to OEM is Cycra. I've not been impressed with the quality of Polisport, UFO or Acerbis, but I am pretty picky.

cycra

can't beat oem plastic.. only downside is the price. i just purchased a one industries factory plastic kit along with one of their graphics then spend another 150 on other factory plastics like the fork guards and everything.. stuff adds up real quick.

Im picky as hell and just wrapped my 08 450r in acerbis for 2010, all the plastic fit perfect, not one complaint...

My problem with Acerbis has been brittle plastic that fades too quickly, but the fit was okay. Polisport is total junk that doesn't fit well and the plastic will get stress marks just putting the bike one the stand. UFO is about on par with Acerbis. Cycra fits well and holds up the best of the aftermarket plastic. OEM is best if you don't mind paying extra for it.

My problem with Acerbis has been brittle plastic that fades too quickly, but the fit was okay. Polisport is total junk that doesn't fit well and the plastic will get stress marks just putting the bike one the stand. UFO is about on par with Acerbis. Cycra fits well and holds up the best of the aftermarket plastic. OEM is best if you don't mind paying extra for it.

I think thats why the aftermarket is making a killing on plastics, OEM is twice as much :thumbsup:

I think thats why the aftermarket is making a killing on plastics, OEM is twice as much :thumbsup:

It's definitely one of those things where you get what you pay for. My experience is OEM plastic stays looking good for a couple of years, but aftermarket plastic tends to look crappy in just a few months. Also, The OEM radiator shrouds come with graphics already installed. By the time you buy graphics for your aftermarket plastic, you are into OEM plastic money. Also, I've never had aftermarket graphics stay on for very long but OEM graphics last me about 100 hours, so in the long run, the OEM stuff pays for itself, imo.

If you use these guys for the OEM stuff, you'll save a lot. Free shipping on orders over $89. http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche.com/procaliber/Honda_OEM/HondaDB.asp

Price check on their 08 OEM plastic.

Front fender = $36

Rear fender = $35

Shrouds w/ graphics = $40ea

I won't buy Acerbis ANYTHING .. pure junk ! There is not ONE product they make that I have encountered that is good quality ... from plastic, to seats, to handguards, to chainguides, to skidplates, etc. etc.

OEM or Cycra is the way to go :thumbsup:

Thanx for the replies. OEM is great quality but i want to change to white fenders and shrouds, but keep the stock side panels with the little bit of red in it along with a blue seat cover? OEM is probably only one color choice? I put an Acerbis rear fender on my KTM and was not impressed with the fitment but have had no problems with once it was installed. Guess I will try Cycra and see how that goes.

I have the white cyrca on my 08 and have had no problems with it. I went with the all white side plates. the only thing that doesnt look right is the red and black seat cover with all white plastic. I used a grphics kit with red, black and white in it to off set the seat

Ive only used oem and acerbis ,I would say im picky too , so far the acerbis has been good for me ,good color no fading so far , but ive had to hone out the holes on most pieces , i just bought a new kit for my 450 and in the next week will put it on , i'll give a report if anyones intrested ,the front number plate fit prfect though ,good price for a kit at 100 delivered for oem red. usually black and white is cheaper