Sign in to follow this  

Just bought a full exhaust, do I "have" to rejet??

Just bought a full Leo Vince X3 system, I know absolutely nothing about carbs and jet kits, am I going to have to rejet the bike? Will it run like shit with the factory setup?

Thanks for any help. I tried to search but there are literally thousands of threads to go through.

if you dont rejet it will run like crap,,

your 2 options are dynojet kit #3110 ($55)or James dean kit #jds005($75),

Both kits will do the job, most people get the James Dean because of the replacement float bowl screws and extra pilot jet that you wont need if you buy the keitech ext fuel screw($14) however it is more expensive. DYnojet kit comes with a screw and drill bit for fuels crew plug access,no float bowl screws, which arent really needed, but recomended. Float bowl screws can be bought seperatly for $5. Eithr kit you will have extra parts. All complete instructions are provided,its easy and heres a video for reference..

That should be all the info you'll need..also read some of the jetting threads..

if you dont rejet it will run like crap,,

your 2 options are dynojet kit #3110 ($55)or James dean kit #jds005($75),

Both kits will do the job, most people get the James Dean because of the replacement float bowl screws and extra pilot jet that you wont need if you buy the keitech ext fuel screw($14) however it is more expensive. DYnojet kit comes with a screw and drill bit for fuels crew plug access,no float bowl screws, which arent really needed, but recomended. Float bowl screws can be bought seperatly for $5. Eithr kit you will have extra parts. All complete instructions are provided,its easy and heres a video for reference..

That should be all the info you'll need..also read some of the jetting threads..

ok thanks for your reply, I just watched that video so I went ahead and ordered the JD kit

http://www.jdjetting.com/xcart/product.php?productid=53&cat=1&page=1

do I need anything else??

get the ext fuel screw, makes things easier

I knew I should have waited before placing the order :thumbsup:

Do I need the fuel screw or it just makes things easier??

you dont need it it just makes it easier to adjust because it hangs out the bottom making it easy to turn. hence 'extended' fuel screw

you don't need it,but it makes adjustments easy thestock screw is very hard to get if you need to adjust it, ifyou ordered from tt store just call them they'll add it to your order.

you dont need it it just makes it easier to adjust because it hangs out the bottom making it easy to turn. hence 'extended' fuel screw

ok thanks. Sorry for my ignorance, I just know absolutely nothing about this.

you don't need it,but it makes adjustments easy thestock screw is very hard to get if you need to adjust it, ifyou ordered from tt store just call them they'll add it to your order.

I ordered it from directly from JD, maybe they'll be able to add it to my order as well

Jetting with Leo Vince/3x3/K&N

155 main jet

blue needle

clip 4

25 pilot jet with the stock fuel screw

22.5 pilot jet with the extended screw

2.75 turns

DSC00005.jpg

Alright guys just did the 3x3 mod, took out my carb, and took of my stock exhaust. Going to pick up my Leo Vince tomorrow and my jet kit should be here by thursday.

Ill let you guys know how it goes. Wish me luck....