Sign in to follow this  

Anyone run a tach on their drz???

I realize most of you live by the "hit the limiter then shift" method but I like to know what rpm I am in at any given time.

I really like the "koso" tachs (one basic tach is 105, then they have a tach with built in temp guage for 140) but the price is a bit much.

Anyone run a sunpro such as this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Sunpro-Sun-Super-Tach-II-Tachometer-CP7911-/370507858702?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5643fd430e

I have heard people have had issues getting tach's to read properly on the drz. I am guessing the sunpro does not allow adjustments of the pule readings though...

i know of many running a "tiny tach"..

i responded to your pm incase you didnt see

This tach goes up to 8k rpms and your bike goes normal to 9,5k rpms, so you'll hit the limiter every time! :thumbsup:

You can go with Trailtech's TTO tach-hour http://trailtech.net/tto_hourmeter.html, which is quite small or Vapor, which has many functions!

Someone who buys a tach meter for their DRZ should do an install guide with pictures. I'm riding a 2000 Suzuki DRZ400s and would love to have a simple Tachometer on it.

Someone who buys a tach meter for their DRZ should do an install guide with pictures. I'm riding a 2000 Suzuki DRZ400s and would love to have a simple Tachometer on it.

Be sure to check my YouTube channel out.. I am doing one in next few days on the tto tach :-)

Www.YouTube.com/fragmasterkarl

+1 on the vapor, you get a ton of other features with it, its small, light-weight, has blinking lights... need i say more?? seriously i love mine.

Yeah.. I like the Vapor....If you utilize the shift lights you only need to have a quick glance , instead of looking at needle indicator type tachos...

Vapor here also. Gives you tons of info like top speed and max RPM that you hit.

Steve

I'm running a Voyager (Trail Tech's GPS computer) and it also has a tach feature. Albeit not as robust as the Vapor's tach feature, but it's there.

simple tachs are cake, you just wrap the tach wire around spark plug lead, your done. Throw away simple tachs are on ebay for like 20 bucks, last like 20k hours i think it said, internal battery not replaceable,,hence throw away tach

wrap the tach wire around spark plug lead

Don't know where the spark plug lead is on the DRZ400S :thumbsup:

Don't know where the spark plug lead is on the DRZ400S :thumbsup:

its the wire connected to the spark plug

DSC02718.jpg

i was wondering if you could tell me where i could get a tach like this and how u hooked it up please?
  • Like 1

Well it appears there is a market for the low cost tachometer temp gauge I'm making specifically for the DRZ. Better stop being lazy about that...

• Like 1

Is the Trail Tech Vapor a plug and play install or does it require wire cutting? Mainly, is it reversible without hacking?

No hacking required... Once you use it you will not want to go back to stock...

Here is a link to some of the installation instructions...

http://gallery.trailtech.net/media/instructions/computers/vapor/010-ELV-07.pdf