Sign in to follow this  

Riding While Pregnant???

My husband and I just found out that I am 5 weeks pregnant. We are still in shock but excited as well. This is our first so we're new at ALL of it. I looked around thumpertalk a bit looking for a forum about riding & pregnancy but couldn't find anything. (hopefully I'm not starting a thread that's already been posted.)

Anyways, riding is a HUGE part of my life. We ride almost every weekend year-round. (Trail riding only) I plan on asking my Dr. this week what she thinks about riding but I thought I'd ask you ladies what you think. I really hope that I can still ride without risking or harming the growing baby inside me. If I can ride I plan on really taking it really easy and staying away from the crazy trails and any hillclimbs. Any experiences, advice, or information is much appreciated!

First of all CONGRATS!! :thumbsup: My husband and I are also expecting (#2 though) and Im about 10 weeks, so we're close together! I continue to ride BUT i also keep it safe. I putzed around on our local track when I was 9 months pregnant also. I think its a personal decision honestly. Im sure my Dr would have told me NO DIRT BIKE when I was 9 months prego but Im not stupid and WOULD NEVER risk something happening to baby! I think its the same with riding horses while pregnant...Some say you shouldn't and then I have a friend who barrel raced through her whole pregnancy until her belly hit the horn :worthy: I think as long as you're careful and are aware of the people you're riding with. I usually ride with my family so they know to keep an eye out for preggers! :confused: Again congrats and I hope you're feeling well!

Congrats EmmaLeah! It's something I've wondered about myself. I'm sure no doctor will tell you it's ok, so I guess it's all what you do and how you do it. If you are ever diagnosed with an incompetent cervix or with any low-lying placenta, you might need to really reconsider the riding issue though.

My husband and I don't have children (been trying for several years). Tomorrow I go in for my second IUI.....hopefully this one will take. If it does, I'll be pregnant while on our annual Memorial Day trail-riding weekend!

Thank you for your responses!! I think i will continue to ride and just take it really easy until my body or brain says "no more!"

Thanks again! I really appreciate it!

Congrats! Well I'm tring to conceive since 16 month and I hope this month is the last!

Monday I hope find the pregnant test positive!

Yay!!! Sounds like there are going be some new little thumpettes and little thumpers running around lol

Yay!!! Sounds like there are going be some new little thumpettes and little thumpers running around lol

It's a cute thing!!!:smirk:

When one our friends, who rides, had their little boy a couple years ago, we got them a little onsie shirt that says " Next lap, diaper pit stop" hahaha =]

When one our friends, who rides, had their little boy a couple years ago, we got them a little onsie shirt that says " Next lap, diaper pit stop" hahaha =]

So nice!!!!!!!!!!!

I really wanted to put our 1 yr. old son in a back carrier and ride around the yard - but of course I didn't. The neighbor's might frown on that practice :smirk:, but he loves to sit on my bike! Can't wait til he is old enough to ride the little xr50 our kiddos learned on...it is ready and waiting!

IDK - if you are careful and comfortable, I'd say go for it! Congratulations too!

Sadly, I spoke too soon. We lost our little rider last week. But we're keeping our heads up and will try again!

Sadly, I spoke too soon. We lost our little rider last week. But we're keeping our heads up and will try again!

OMG!I'm so sorry for you! I will pray for you and your family!

Also spoke too soon, found out we loss baby last week. Was suppose to be 12 weeks but baby stopped growing at 8. Had to have a d&c. :smirk:

EmmaLeah I totally feel your pain! Prayers your way!