Sign in to follow this  

Help w/ Carb Kit for DR650

OK, I'm looking to give the carb on my 2002 DR650 (w/ 2K miles) the once over. It's a bone stock bike with no plans this season to do any mods.

I'm looking for a one-stop shopping for a carb rebuild kit. I've run across the "Ti ProKit w/Titanium needle from www.factorypro.com"

http://www.factorypro.com/Prod_Pages/prods65.html

Can anyone offer offer a newbie some simple advice for a once-over kit for a DR650? Has anyone used this kit? Is it a one-stop kit??

I just think it might be time to get in and freshen things up.

Thanks in advance! :thumbsup:

Sean

Edited by K2DR650SE

Unless you are planning to do some mods to the air box there is no reason to spend any money on your carb. Leave all the jets stock and just add a .030 to .040" shim (3mm stainless washer) under the needle clip (above the plastic spacer). You will want to give the carb a thorough cleaning and replace the o-rings #15 and 16 below. That is likely all you will need to do.

OK, I'm looking to give the carb on my 2002 DR650 (w/ 2K miles) the once over. It's a bone stock bike with no plans this season to do any mods.

I'm looking for a one-stop shopping for a carb rebuild kit. I've run across the "Ti ProKit w/Titanium needle from www.factorypro.com"

A jet kit is not the same thing as a rebuild kit.

Exactly what is it you intend to accomplish?

It's a 9 year old bike with 2k miles (1923 when I bought it on 4/17).

Anyway, I'm sure the gaskets and o-rings are getting old, the fuel line is getting a bit soft. I'd like to just 'freshen' things up a bit.....

Next year, mods!!!! (Stainless header w/GSXR, air box, carb updates, etc.....)

I was just looking to see if there was a basic carb kit to prevent ordering parts piece-by-piece.

Thanks all !!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you're going to be modding then I'd say save your money for the FCR swap. MX Rob has done all the leg work and it is almost a bolt on swap. I think after selling my stock carb I have less than $100 in the swap and it is hands down the BEST mod yet to my bike.

If you're going to be modding then I'd say save your money for the FCR swap. MX Rob has done all the leg work and it is almost a bolt on swap. I think after selling my stock carb I have less than $100 in the swap and it is hands down the BEST mod yet to my bike.

Jake, sounds like a great idea, but that's going to have to be a project for next winter.

Right now I just want to keep my costs down and freshen things up. :thumbsup:

If it's running well and you can live with the performance, just leave it alone until you do the FCR.

My bike is a 1996 and the carb had never been touched until I got it.

I think after selling my stock carb I have less than $100 in the swap and it is hands down the BEST mod yet to my bike.

Seems very tempting...:ride:

Can you explain the numbers in a bit more detail please?

The cost of the FCR carb - sell the stock carb = less than $100?:lol:

So what is the price of the FCR carb and how much do the stock carbs sell for on average? I have an 08 by the way with the DJ kit...