Sign in to follow this  

2005 yz250f

I have a 2005 250f and have heard that the 05 and 06 have the same motor? So I was wondering if the motor from the 05 will fit on a 06 frame? I was thinking about this to reduce weight with the aluminum fram but I am not sure what all parts will interchange does anyone know? thank you

I think you should do a cross reference on the specs for both years. I am pretty sure they weigh about the same. The aluminum models don't necessarily weigh any less than a steel frame. Aluminum is not as strong as steel and needs to be beefier to support what less steel will, so I think it ends up being close to a wash.

I think you should do a cross reference on the specs for both years. I am pretty sure they weigh about the same. The aluminum models don't necessarily weigh any less than a steel frame. Aluminum is not as strong as steel and needs to be beefier to support what less steel will, so I think it ends up being close to a wash.

Very True. As a matter of fact, I heard the 06 handled pretty poor compared to the 05. I love the feel of my 05. As far as the motor is concerned, internally, they are the same, but I think the cases may be differant due to the oil line, not completely sure though.

Yeah I don't think weight saving is much at all. But will have to disagree the 06' not handling as well as the 05'. The 06' handles very good with the the newer version SS forks. JMO